The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

I think if Spiderman is going to debut in CW, then he won't show up in any trailer as to make the 'shock' as big as possible. It doesn't matter if they only show a .5 second glimpse of Spidey, the fanbase will explode (in joy) and it doesn't matter what else you put in the trailers, people will only be interested in Spidey.

So leaving him in for the twist showup would make sure they can actually build the story through the trailers and not have everything be outshined by the fact the freaking Spiderman is playing in CA:CW

He'll be in the aftet title cut in one of the later trailers like The Vision was... And bare in mind, less people cared about The Vision than Spidey.

trailer 2 or 3 will have that short after card shot which will either show Spidey or a web being slung for nerdgasm effect and instantly put it over the £600mil mark

• Like 3

Speaking of, I just got around to episode one and holy shit. No kidding when they said this was going to be a dark show.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pizza said:

Suppose I want to get into Agents of Shield. I don't want to watch three whole seasons of it to catch up though, especially since I have heard it started kind of shitty. Is there anyway I can get a spoiler light list of essential episodes to get caught up?

Sure. From season 1 you want the pilot, "T.R.A.C.K.S.", "T.A.H.I.T.I.", "End of the Beginning", "Turn, Turn, Turn" and the season finale, "Beginning of the End". The back half of season 2 (starts with "Aftershocks", ends with "S.O.S. (parts 1 & 2)") is worth watching - really, the whole of season 2 is, I feel like, but the back half in particular was the best - and so far all of season 3 (9 episodes so far) has been alright. 

Finished Jessica Jones last night...

Spoiler

Great show, easily one of my favourites of the year, but a couple of things fell flat for me. Hope's death was one, Jess spent most of the series not killing Kilgrave because of her, and she just goes and offs herself, no hype or nothing. Worse still she wasn't given enough time or motivation on screen for me to care about her death. I get what they were trying to do by finally allowing Jess to kill Kilgrave, but it just didn't work for me at all.

Second was Kilgrave's death. It was a fun moment, but it felt anticlimactic, and whilst there's still the chance for Kilgrave to come back, the idea that a villain built that good is dead already in the MCU left a sour taste in my mouth, especially since it made a pretty clever and manipulative character seem like an absolute moron.

That's not to shit on the rest of the show, two complaints for the entire series, even if they are relatively significant ones, is still damn good, especially when the cinematography, acting, and scripting were all so good.

17 hours ago, Benji said:

Finished Jessica Jones last night...

Hide contents

Great show, easily one of my favourites of the year, but a couple of things fell flat for me. Hope's death was one, Jess spent most of the series not killing Kilgrave because of her, and she just goes and offs herself, no hype or nothing. Worse still she wasn't given enough time or motivation on screen for me to care about her death. I get what they were trying to do by finally allowing Jess to kill Kilgrave, but it just didn't work for me at all.

Second was Kilgrave's death. It was a fun moment, but it felt anticlimactic, and whilst there's still the chance for Kilgrave to come back, the idea that a villain built that good is dead already in the MCU left a sour taste in my mouth, especially since it made a pretty clever and manipulative character seem like an absolute moron.

That's not to shit on the rest of the show, two complaints for the entire series, even if they are relatively significant ones, is still damn good, especially when the cinematography, acting, and scripting were all so good.

Spoiler

I hated how they killed Kilgrave it was so dumb i loved everything else about that show except that. What i would of done is have Jessica Jones pull out Kilgraves tongue leave him mute then just toss him in the water and then he could come back with stronger powers more like mind control or something (might be a little far fetch for the TV Universe) but still i think it's still better then having him killed off after all the build up.

I dunno why my comment went into Benji's :lol:

Edited by Drock007