The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Clark Gregg will be going against Hayley Atwell in an upcoming Lipsync Battle Royal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Iron Fist news! Jessica Henwick has been cast as Colleen Wing. You probably know her as Jessika Pava from the Star Wars Episode VII (aka the female X-Wing pilot) or as Nymeria Sand from Game of Thrones (aka the Sand Snake with the whip, aka the one who didn't have the awful, awful scenes with Bronn).

• Like 2

On 4/4/2016 at 20:55, Benjrie Mode said:

S3E13 of AoS

Reveal hidden contents

I really hope the Bobbi and Hunter spin off is good because they are going to be massively missed in AoS. By far the best pair on the show for me.

I must agree that watching this week's episode it really felt 'off' without Hunter bantering about. Especially as far as the plot went it was right up his alley to make snarky comments about everything was happening. Last week was decent because it was very much a bumper episode, but this week it really felt less lively without Bobbi and Hunter around.

They're also doing their best to push Lincoln to fill the void, but I'm still very much 'eh' about the character as a whole, he's really in some serious need to get his personality on because right now he's just 'that guy that shoots lightning and makes out with Daisy'.

Also, Grant Ward has been watching a bit too much Matrix in his free time. Sporting the long trenchcoat.

Spoiler

Would love to see Blake as a recurring antagonist. That reveal was really exciting to me.

^ S3 E14. What's the spoiler culture in this thread? I've been behind on everything for a while so I haven't been paying attention.

Having watched Episode 17 of AoS, I really really loved the episode. Like Ruki said, shit's going down big time and I feel the end of the season is going to be as epic as the first season was.

First the starting action scene with Daisy's team, felt really avenger-esque and it's nice to see them really come into their own using their powers to beat the everloving shit out of HYDRA goons.

Malick playing mind-games with Coulson was great too, and the way AoS has been built up it really could have been anyone that was infected or nobody at all. I actually expected it to be one of the guest-inhumans rather than Daisy (after Lincoln is framed), so that was a phenomenal twist too. I think i'm gonna like crazy Daisy unleashing her powers for Zombie-Ward/Hive.

Just a shame they had to cross off Malick, because I really loved him as the bad guy and I still felt he had something to offer. And again the premonition was right.

And Fitz/Simmons is amazing, I hope they never find a way to split them up because i'll be furious.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

Daisy has finally come into her own this season. She was unbearable at parts of S1 and some of S2, but now the show is less "Daisy and Friends with Phil Coulson" and more team-oriented, as well as her character undergoing development, she's probably one of my favourite parts of the show.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Interim Benji said:

Daisy has finally come into her own this season. She was unbearable at parts of S1 and some of S2, but now the show is less "Daisy and Friends with Phil Coulson" and more team-oriented, as well as her character undergoing development, she's probably one of my favourite parts of the show.

Season 1 Daisy was the worst thing about the show, mostly because she was Miss. Audience-Surrogate for most of the time, and the Skye/Ward romance only got good after Ward did his entire face-heel turn at the end of the season. She was fully in scrappy-territory the entire first season, it didn't help that everything revolved around her and she couldn't carry those stories.

Season 2 Daisy got better, mostly because the show got a lot more mature (really, everything S01E16 was AoS becoming it's own thing fully). She dropped a whole bunch in the mary sue-ness, and generally the show started to become more focused on the entire ensemble cast rather than just make it all about Daisy. I felt the whole Afterlife stuff was hit and miss and too plodding, but the little SHIELD-split made it great (again because it wasn't just all about Daisy).

And Season 3 is here and every character stands on it's own legs, Fitz/Simmons have gone from cliché ship to the best ship with their char-dev, and they've even made Lincoln into a pretty good character despite his long-time stature as 'Daisy's on/off' and not much else.

Really can't wait for next week now, and the week after. I think the only one that might be a bit of a dud is #18, since it'll be the CW-fallout episode... But it might just as well be the strongest and very much like a post-TWS watershed to really ramp the show into a new gear again.

• Like 1

Stan Lee's cameos explained

• Like 1

Last nights Lip Sync Battle with Clark Gregg and Hayley Atwell