The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lint said:

I quite like the idea of this. Hopefully they'll keep the Agents of Shield stuff as a canonical background to them too.

Yeah, the fact Inhumans is now being repurposed as a TV show rather than a film makes a lot of sense. It would've taken quite a big effort to condition the film going audience about getting into an entire race of powered people which aren't mutants and make them understand the entire origin + all the characters that are part of that new race.

And even if they had done that (and Marvel can no doubt pull it off spectacularly), it would've wiped away a big chunk of the already established canon from Agents of Shield, since they can't exactly expect a film going audience to have seen 5 seasons of a 22 episode/s tv-show as a primer going into a 2-3 hour film.

I hope it fully respects the beaten path of Agents of Shield, but I also expect it to retcon and rewrite a bunch of the established canon to make it fit the Inhumans narrative. Mostly in how such a diverse and powerful race has been under the radar for 2000+ years. And how there's a royal family nobody knew about before... But Marvel being Marvel, they'll find a way.

One thing I do wonder about is what this means for Agents of Shield as a whole. Viewer numbers continue to slowly trend down yearly, and last year it was already under threat of potential cancellation. And with their spinoff AND Agent Carter having gotten the axe too, I am still not holding my breath for a fifth season, or if it does happen, it'd be half a season for syndication purposes. (Half a season 55 would bring the show to 99/100 episodes)

Fuck yeah, Inhumans TV series. I feel like the Fantastic Four would be great as a TV series instead of movies. The movies don't have enough time to fully delve into the explorer nature of the FF. Imagine a whole series dedicated to discovering Attilan, or Atlantis, or The Negative Zone, or Kree/Skrull homeworlds, or Battleworld, or alternate dimensions (Sliders/Quantum Leap/Exiles style show for alternate Marvel Universes could be amazeballs) or any other number of locations.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Haven't watch the 4B premier yet, but in an interview with ABC's president, she seems very positive about AoS returning for S5

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is finally returning from its winter hiatus tonight as Season 4B kicks off the second arc of the year dubbed “LMD”. However, fans have been wondering whether the show will be back for a fifth season or not. In a new interview with ABC President Channing Dungey, she was asked about what the future of the Marvel series is. Dungey first spoke about how she feels about the state of Marvel Television on the ABC Network.

“Look, we are incredibly encouraged. Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been creatively the strongest season we’ve had yet. The episodes just keep getting better and stronger. And that’s another one for us that we moved from 9 to 10 and yet even though the HUD levels are softer at 10, the live-same-day has remained the same and that’s another one of our shows which regularly goes up triple digits over the seven-day period, anywhere from 100 to 110 percent.”

So when she was asked directly about the future of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Dungey said she is very bullish on a Season 5 renewal for the series.

“Absolutely. I’m very bullish on S.H.I.E.L.D. and we’re also really excited about our production with Marvel, ABC Studios, and IMAX, which we are working on for next fall as well.”

Holy crap! That was a great episode! I think the second half of the season is going to be a lot better than the first. The two different stories (Watchdogs and L.M.D's) are interesting and the stakes are very high. Didn't expect the turn at the end from Radcliffe! And I am glad that Veejay isn't actually dead, I like his character (and I wonder if every time he cocoons he gains/changes powers)

• Like 1

AoS S4E9 spoilers:

Spoiler

I am so happy lame Dr. Lucy and her story is dead, but I'm kinda' sad that it was at the expense of Robbie. That' was probably the only good thing about the Ghost Rider, arc, though, but I'm glad it's gone. Sucks that the only remnants of it seems to be the McGuffin of all McGuffins, nobody even mentioned the Robbie beyond a passing line about flaming skulls.

• Like 1

If you guys are talking about Agents of Shield, could you please spoiler tag it - season 4a hasn't aired in the UK yet.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Benji said:

Something seems off about that cover. It almost looks like they were all photographed separately and edited together :huh:

Well EW.com has a "making of" video for the cover but I didn't watch it

On 11-1-2017 at 04:56, Happy HoLintdays said:

Haven't watch the 4B premier yet, but in an interview with ABC's president, she seems very positive about AoS returning for S5

That interview is very encouraging to read. The show has reached a point where it might not be raking in the prime-time amount of viewers that ABC wants to see, but it has clearly shown itself to be robust and popular enough for the current fandom to stick around to watch it on a later 'deadier' slot.

Hopefully it means that it has some legs as a cult/niche show and ABC is willing to let it run for a while, because as it has gotten more self-contained its writing and pacing has really become stronger and stronger too.

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean, I assume it was done with them together, they'll have specified shoots for something like this, but it just looks really off. It could be intentional in order to keep them as individuals whilst highlighting the team, it just doesn't sit right with me for whatever reason.

This entire season of AoS up until the mid-season break only had me watching for Ghost Rider, but episode 9 was just so good, it hooked me to continue watching for everything/everyone else

I thought for so long I was judging a book by a cover, but Radcliffe has such a hateable little weasle face, it didn't surprise me when he heel-turned

6 minutes ago, I Dungeon Master said:

This entire season of AoS up until the mid-season break only had me watching for Ghost Rider, but episode 9 was just so good, it hooked me to continue watching for everything/everyone else

Hide contents

I thought for so long I was judging a book by a cover, but Radcliffe has such a hateable little weasle face, it didn't surprise me when he heel-turned

I liked that they re-turned(?) Radcliffe again, because he's always been a self-serving prick. To see him actually be a genius mastermind that tricked SHIELD into letting him further his research really makes the character look that much better and explains his weasel-ish behaviour even more.

Of course, John Hannah will always be Jack Cloth in my eyes, and he's got great comedic timing, but I feel it makes the revelation that much stronger.

• 3 weeks later...