The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

28 minutes ago, DoubleX said:

Hide contents

The stuff that causes petrification comes from the Diviner metal, not from terrigen, and Radcliffe managed to distill terrigen crystals that would be harmless to humans earlier in the season. The crystal May used is visibly clear of any Diviner metal, so it only affected Daisy.

Forgotten all about that :P

Little tribute to Bill Paxton tonight

XEqLa2x.jpg

Also, dammit, I keep expecting Ward to be a triple agent or something.  I like Good Guy Ward....I just have trust issues after 3 seasons of Evil Ward

• Like 1

About last episode:

Spoiler

Damn it, Poor framework Ward, he is a good guy.

I like the way they are presenting how one influence can change a person completely, Fitz goes full evil because of his father staying around and Simmons being dead before they get to know each other, while Ward goes good because Victoria Hand recruited him instead of Garret and then because of his relationship with Skye.

The Ward/Skye scenes were heartbreaking to me, with this piece of code showing real emotions and Skye knowing that all his world will be gone once they get out,lied to him to make him feel better....

Finale spoiler

Looks like we're getting Ghost Rider back for the finale!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Is there anything that even gets close to what the MCU is? I mean, the only thing I can think of is the Bondverse but that only has one franchise. 

I mean, the DC one is trying, but not really close yet. I guess the closest equivalent of Japanese Kaiju movies which hold a shared universe whenever they feel like it.

53 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Netflix presents "Marvels: Hallway Fight The Series"

But seriously I'm so hyped for this

About last night's episode...

Slow start, but oh boy did the episode throw some hammers into my gut. First Radcliffe being 'evil' again by accepting Fitz' proposal, then the entire fakeout regarding Coulson, then the fakeout with Jemma, then Radcliffe doing a face turn and pushing Fitz back into the real world and having some moment of redemption... And then of course the (expected) gutwrenching sequence where Mack decides to stay behind in the framework to be with Hope.

And then it's all finished off with meatsuit AIDA/Ophelia being able to teleport her and Fitz someplace else, where she'll undoubtedly continues to fuck with Leo's fucked up head.

What a rollercoaster of emotion, and they still keep me guessing on how it will all end this season(/series?). Bravo, fucking bravo once more.

Also, I feel they might bring Hope into the real world using the meatsuit creator to get a complete happy ending of Mack going back too. Maybe even throw Trip and Ward in there too, although it'd be a bit cheap to erase all their deaths...
But that's also the strength of the show, I have no clue what they might do in the upcoming episodes.

Spoiler

I don't think of bringing Ward and Trip to the real world as erasing their deaths,they are different versions with different memories.Creating them in the real world as help to stop A.I.D.A. would be a good way to do It.

Also by that moment where  real worldMack is almost covered in water in the promo for next week episode, makes me think he is going to wake up,Maybe Slingshot going into the framework and bring him back?.

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Oh man. The last few minutes of that episode.

Also...is this the final season?

Nothing has been rumoured as such, but ABC still hasn't renewed it for a fifth season. And the word a year ago was that the new director at ABC wasn't a fan of Agents of SHIELD. But it's been holding steady in its new timeslot, and it tends to pull the second best numbers (after a NCIS spinoff, of course) on its timeslot. It's also getting comparable figures to shows like The Flash, so the show has found its viewer-niche.

But my knowledge of American broadcasting is flaky at best, and even though ABC is owned by the Disney corporation (who also own Marvel), I am unsure whether ~4 million viewers total is enough for ABC to air something.

Edited by Jasonmufc

The thing to remember is it's not just ratings. There's massive cost/benefit analysis to be done. Does it help the MCU and Disney brand? How much does the show cost to make compared to sponsorship received? If that profit is not good enough, can they make cuts that won't too deeply damage the show? So on and so forth.

There's also the chance that since Netflix is the home of Marvel TV, they might ship it from ABC over to Netflix because it will find a more appropriate audience there.

Lots of things to consider, but I doubt this is the last season. I'd hope they'd let it at least see out a fifth and final season to give it a genuine end.

I was wondering whether they may consider a reduced size show: 13 eps and a smaller budget maybe?

Saying that, the three mini-arcs-in-one season seems to be going down a treat critically.

So this episode was a bit pressed for time, since next week is the grand finale. So I felt the post-framework recovery was a bit rushed to be put into 45 minutes, especially with Fitz trying to cope with his actions, and Ophelia/AIDA experiencing every human emotion there is in like a 24 hour timespan.

Ophelia's mental breakdown when Fitz chooses Jemma over her was spectacular to say the least, but it felt a bit overly dramatic because of the short timespan that story had allowed to fester outside of the framework. It would've done the overall pacing very well if the season had even one episode extra to really mess with the viewers expectations, to twist and turn Fitz (Since Iain is brilliant when he gets to act conflicted) even further and leave me as the viewer guessing what of the framework has stuck around.

I do feel that Fitz's arc is certainly not done yet, especially if the series is renewed because it'll certainly make up a good chunk of a possible season 5. But well, the Ophelia/Fitz/Jemma triangle dynamic felt woefully underused, and you can only do so much in just over 40 minutes of episode.

That's not to say this wasn't a great episode, it just couldn't live up to what was built up in the framework. And they had to put a lot of things in the penultimate episode to get that build up to the season finale. From surviving the oil rig, seeing Ophelia do a good act in saving Mack, returning home to be grilled by Talbot, seeing Ophelia break down after getting rejected by Fitz, to having to give Yo-Yo some screen time before she jumped into the framework to get Mack, and then at the very end of it all build up Ophelia/Ivanov and the darkhold as the big bad, and finally having that Ghost Rider return moment. It's really an example of two-three episodes of build up having to be shoved into one.

Still loved it, because the actors simply make it work, especially Iain for the aformentioned reasons. But it leaves me wary of how they'll follow up into the finale.