The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Shiiiit that looks awesome

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Okay, that's a bloody bad ass trailer.

Well, apparently I was wrong.  It wasn't so much a Defenders trailer, but just a general Netflix MCU Hype video...still, it did its job

They announced Misty Knight will be a regular in Iron Fist season 2, so if we're getting Daughters of the Dragon then that's already a boost. Maybe with a season to really look at what the fuck they did, they can improve on a lot of the bullshit. They could also just start importing characters from the Matt Fraction run. If I was told "oh, Fat Cobra's gonna be in season two" then I'd immediately forget about what a pain every Bakuto monologue was to sit through.

Speaking of, even though he's in it, the Defenders trailer is still really good and I'm excited for that to drop next month.

Second trailer of Inhumans out. Looks a bit better, naturally overusing an already overused song. It's interesting, Iwan Rheon plays Iwan Rheon, some interesting bits in the trailer that fills me with hope, then they managed to make Medusa's utter trash hair look even worse when the CGI kicks in.

Basically, taking out Medusa entirely and the series looks like it has some legs, although it still looks like it's from the SyFy channel for the most parts.

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

As long as Iron Fist learns from its mistakes with Season 2 I think it'll be fine, otherwise I see it being cut and merged into a Heroes for Hire thing with Luke Cage.

10 hours ago, GoGoya the Destroyer said:

They announced Misty Knight will be a regular in Iron Fist season 2, so if we're getting Daughters of the Dragon then that's already a boost. Maybe with a season to really look at what the fuck they did, they can improve on a lot of the bullshit. They could also just start importing characters from the Matt Fraction run. If I was told "oh, Fat Cobra's gonna be in season two" then I'd immediately forget about what a pain every Bakuto monologue was to sit through.

Speaking of, even though he's in it, the Defenders trailer is still really good and I'm excited for that to drop next month.

"Sleepy Hollow" producer Raven Metzner taking over as Iron Fist showrunner

well okay i know i'm super behind the times but i just finished the new season of agents of shield and holy shit, that last eight or so episode run was fucking great dystopian future.  this show has really found its legs (finally), i'm glad i've stuck with it, its turned into a good (but stupid) sci fi show.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm pretty much all caught up on my MCU watch-through. I still want to watch Doctor Strange & Guardians 2, but I saw them both in theatres. There's also Spiderman, which I'm torn about seeing in theatres or just waiting for it to come out online.

I have a ton of tv on my watch list (The Leftovers, Sense 8, The Wire), but I would like to go through the Marvel TV Universe at some point too. 

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

So I'm pretty much all caught up on my MCU watch-through. I still want to watch Doctor Strange & Guardians 2, but I saw them both in theatres. There's also Spiderman, which I'm torn about seeing in theatres or just waiting for it to come out online.

I have a ton of tv on my watch list (The Leftovers, Sense 8, The Wire), but I would like to go through the Marvel TV Universe at some point too. 

Spiderman Homecoming is amazing. I think it's worth cinema money for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

See Spider-Man in the theater.

As for the TV shows, definitely watch the Netflix ones, but maybe not Iron Fist. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are among my favorite Marvel things so far.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Joshu Picchu said:

See Spider-Man in the theater.

As for the TV shows, definitely watch the Netflix ones, but maybe not Iron Fist. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are among my favorite Marvel things so far.

The completist in me will not let me do that. :P I will probably end up watching all of it. I am super excited for Jessica Jones. 

• Like 1