The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

ah, jeez, really?

I still haven't watched the Inhumans pilot. I don't know if I will. The part of my brain that's a completionist is at war with the part of my brain that says I have a billion things to watch and all of them were not made by Scott Buck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

The part of my brain that's a completionist is at war with the part of my brain that says I have a billion things to watch and all of them were not made by Scott Buck.

This is exactly the reason that my complete Marvel watch-through came to a screeching halt while going through Iron Fist season one.

But yeah, ABC has said that SHIELD is coming back "this winter."  Luckily Inhumans only has an eight episode run, so that means that the earliest AoS will be back would be around the end of November.  But it'll probably be December anyway.  Pretty sure it was originally announced as returning in, like, January, so at least we'll get it a little sooner?

Or hey, maybe Inhumans will be a gigantic failure and they'll rush out episodes of an actual good show!

I hope not.  Here's the EW snippet about it from back in August.

Back in May, it was announced that S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn’t be on the fall schedule. Instead, Marvel’s Inhumans would be paired with Once Upon a Time on Friday nights for the former’s eight-episode run. While it seemed S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn’t be back until January, ABC Chief Channing Dungey offered up some good news for fans of the Marvel drama.

“It’s going to come on right after Inhumans,” Dungey said at the Television Critics Association’s press tour Sunday. “As soon as the eight episodes of Inhumans is done, then S.H.I.E.L.D. will begin.”

Thanks to the Inhumans run, Dungey also noted that S.H.I.E.L.D. will air its 22-episode season mostly uninterrupted.

I'm gonna wait for after Inhumans finishes....if the general consensus is that it gets better, I'll give it a go. But between the movies, Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD (plus, you know, every other TV show out there), I can't watch something I'm not going to enjoy just for completion sake. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting around to The Defenders. I gotta say..

Spoiler

As much as I like Sigourney Weaver, Alexandra does not strike me as a very compelling villain. Weaver's great in the role, but why not Madame Gao? Or someone that we're familiar with, instead of introducing a new character?

EDIT: I said that then I watched episode 6.

• Like 2

Finished The Defenders. I liked it well enough, glad it was only 8 episodes though.

Spoiler

"Danny, light it up" was corny, but a good kind of corny. I liked Danny a loooooot more in this than I did in Iron Fist. The soundtrack choices were excellent, especially that Luke Cage fight set to RTJ and the fight underground set to Protect Ya Neck (even if, as GoGo said to me, they didn't make the choice to light it up. Dark fight is dark). 

Also, I lost count of how many MY CITY and THIS CITY and PROTECT NEW YORK CITY was in this show. Especially in the finale. Daredevil's "last words" to Danny being "protect my city" was bad corny. 

I also couldn't help but laugh at the lingering shots of Karen/Foggy and the doorway when Matt didn't show back up. I get that they were going for DRAMA, but so many cuts pushed into it goofy melodramatic territory for me.

EDIT: OH ALSO, if Matt survived Madame Gao better have survived too. The Hand needs at least one finger, damnit.

All in all, I'm excited for Luke Cage S2 and I guess the next DD season. I still have to finish Jessica Jones (I'm a very bad boy, I know).

13 hours ago, Your Cloud And Mine said:

Finished The Defenders. I liked it well enough, glad it was only 8 episodes though.

Reveal hidden contents

All in all, I'm excited for Luke Cage S2 and I guess the next DD season. I still have to finish Jessica Jones (I'm a very bad boy, I know).

Yo cloudy, what gives?  JJ is totally the best of the marvel Netflix shows!

• Like 1