The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Yes and i understand that but like i said Alien is probably by most favourite franchise (outside of Terminator) and it was just ruined in that movie

I like Whedon, terrific director but, bad directing/meddling distribution company or not, he screwed the pooch on Resurrection. I realise it wasn't entirely his fault though.

Where did i ever say i will not watch SHIELD and did not think it would be good? I weighed in on a conversation regarding his previous works and you will see up the page my first post was expressing my excitement for tonight. Don't put words in my mouth/posts.

And as i have stated numerous times, which you still fail to ge, i like Whedon but Alien 4 is a black mark on his resume he will never get away from.

Jeebus.

I wasn't so pumped at first and I was more along the lines of "Please, dear lord, don't let this suck.". I still carry that sentiment, but now that the day has finally arrived, I am so incredibly excited to finally watch it. I've heard that it's pretty good from everything I've read as well so I'm looking forward to it.

Plus, the black guy in the hoodie they keep showing the in all the trailers jumping out the window with somebody in his arms better be Luke Cage. This TV show is a great way to get some of Marvel's great lower level heroes some love.

It's looking a lot more likely that he's Patriot.

I'm super psyched, it's a Marvel TV show from the guy that defined my childhood (at least in terms of television). My biggest concern is that it'll probably flounder in the first 5-6 episodes because Joss likes to do monster of the week stuff a little bit too much sometimes. I'll be shocked if we don't see some film character cameos, even if it ends up just being lesser names. I can see Crossbones making an appearance post-Cap 2. As for the big heroes, depends on how well the show does and how much Marvel/Disney/ABC is willing to shell out. A guy like Chris Evans, Sam Jackson or maybe Chris Hemsworth (he's started getting a fair bit bigger), I can see. Very doubtful we'll see Scarlett Johansson, Rob Downey Jr or anyone on that level of pay.

I've started to really hope they go through with recasting Hawkeye, because I'd love so much more for him to be one the show as a frequent guest or something, rather than getting 15 minutes of screen time in the films.

:crying: I wanted Luke Cage...

• Like 1

That was pretty awesome! It wasn't incredible, but it fit in just the right amount of shout outs and did a great job introducing characters. The worst part about the fact that I quite liked all of them is the heartbreak I know I'll feel when one of them gets killed like a big damn hero. :(

First episode/Iron Man 3 spoilers...

Wasn't expecting quite as huge a shout out to Iron Man 3 with Extremis, that was pretty awesome! Obvious route for the villain corporation is AIM, or what's left of it in Killian's wake. Hell, how cool would it be if it turned out he survived the end of Iron Man 3, got away and ended up being the big bad of this season? Anything for some more Guy Pearce.

But I'm thinking AIM is too obvious from Extremis, so maybe Hydra? We know they've got a history of fucking around with forces they can't comprehend... and a Super Soldier cocktail is right up their alley.

I quite liked all of the characters, they all had something interesting or fun about them or their lines that makes me want more. I actually remember their names, too, which is a first.

Aaaaaand the elephant in the room... Coulson. Life model decoy, the real Coulson but modified... or MCU's version of Vision?

• Like 1

That was pretty awesome! It wasn't incredible, but it fit in just the right amount of shout outs and did a great job introducing characters. The worst part about the fact that I quite liked all of them is the heartbreak I know I'll feel when one of them gets killed like a big damn hero. :(

First episode/Iron Man 3 spoilers...

Wasn't expecting quite as huge a shout out to Iron Man 3 with Extremis, that was pretty awesome! Obvious route for the villain corporation is AIM, or what's left of it in Killian's wake. Hell, how cool would it be if it turned out he survived the end of Iron Man 3, got away and ended up being the big bad of this season? Anything for some more Guy Pearce.

But I'm thinking AIM is too obvious from Extremis, so maybe Hydra? We know they've got a history of fucking around with forces they can't comprehend... and a Super Soldier cocktail is right up their alley.

I quite liked all of the characters, they all had something interesting or fun about them or their lines that makes me want more. I actually remember their names, too, which is a first.

Aaaaaand the elephant in the room... Coulson. Life model decoy, the real Coulson but modified... or MCU's version of Vision?

Couldn't agree with you more. It needs some more time to grow I think as some of the character interaction felt a bit forced. Their lucky to have a guy around though who knows how to play his character well at the center.

I really liked Skye, Fitz, and Simmons a whole bunch from the new people camp. I enjoyed everybody else at certain points, but I'm sure I'll come to love them as time goes on and then hate Whedon for killing them at a later date.

As far as big bads go, I really hope it's HYDRA. I think remnants of AIM would make more sense, but I just like HYDRA a whole lot more.

In relation to what TKz said...

That was one of the first things I thought of as well TKz. Fury in the comics has a huge hard on for androids and such, and with what has been said is coming up in the MCU, I think there is a solid chance that this could be true.