NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

What? Manu's been doing an awesome job, they wasted too much time but he's been their second best player this series. They screwed it up by not knocking down their free throws.

You already knew the moment Kawhi fouled out there was no chance.

And nobody on his team stepped up? Bosh was making solid plays the entire game. You guys are talking like Spurs blew some big lead or had the game in hand like Game 6 last year. The biggest lead of the night was 5 damn points.

Heat had 12 bench points to 37 for SA. Spurs were 44% from the field and 12 of 20 from the stripe, they missed some shots they missed some free throws. Miami left the door wide open and Spurs just didn't go through.

Bosh was a completely different player, and the entire Heat team was, when LeBron was off the court. Bosh was -11 tonight!

But really LeBron was otherworldly the last 3 quarters and the Heat are going after Leonard to force him to get early fouls.

Except the end of the first quarter, where it was 7 points. And it was 9 points after the first bucket of the second quarter :P

But I agree Bosh was good.

I know this will make me seem like I'm backtracking from my earlier comments, but I literally wasn't watching until like 1 minute and a half into the second quarter :P I do remember the lead was huge now. 32-24 or something like that, right? Apologies!

Spurs bench nearly always outscore the other team's, they have the best bench in the league. Most of them would probably be starting for other teams. That doesn't mean that Spurs played badly, they completely lost it when they couldn't make two shots in a row (except that one time Green hit the three) that last stretch to widen the gap. Bosh was still extremely good tonight, Bosh was the reason that Duncan was ineffective in that last quarter defensively, Birdman was being dominated when he was on Duncan. Wade and Allen spread the floor amazingly well, Lewis was making really critical 3 pointers. LeBron had what, 35 points if I remember? But looking at the numbers doesn't say anything about the way Heat played, LeBron stepped up (like we knew he would), but it was a collective effort.

Derek Fisher is apparently finalizing contract with the Knicks for the same deal Kerr got with the Warriors, 5 years, 25 mil. Had they just offered that to Kerr they could've avoided the whole coach stealing debacle.

Everything I've read says James Dolan was hesitant to offer Kerr the 5 years. That combined with Kerr wanting to be closer to his family was what saw him take the GSW deal, and good on him for it.

Fisher should be good, we can hope anyway :D

I don't get why you'd put big money towards a guy with zero days head coaching experience. Obviously everyone has to start somewhere but it's usually first as an assistant.

Fisher had all the leverage here, though. They either pay him what Kerr got with the Warriors or he goes back to OKC for another year and Phil can find someone else to run his triangle.

Donald Sterling is a moron. After watching that John Oliver segment on FIFA and this news, I somehow kind of feel like just stop watching sports altogether :(

Sterling has no case whatsoever, and even if he did he'd be suing himself if he continues this (his wife agreed to cover the costs of any lawsuit as part of the sale.)

• Like 1

I know, I just hate how I'm old now and I know that organized sports are mostly nothing more than businesses run by horrible bureaucrats.

I kind of want to go back to when I was 13 and I honestly thought the sports teams were all owned by the state or city they were in.