EWB's Top 104 Artists 2013 - Results

METALMAN

Taylor... Swift? Really? o_O Oh well.

Anyways, I love Hank Williams. I love his bluesy country tunes and I love his off-kilter voice. Really sad to see him this low but then again, I didn't vote for himself so I guess I can't really complain. Devin being this low is a tragedy though, a tragedy for EWB, a tragedy for the world and tragedy for every music fan all over the planet.

I don't care at all for Arcade Fire, though. :shifty:

• Like 1

Also everyone voted for Hank Williams and you posted a Hank Williams Jr. song, which is almost an unforgivable mistake.

Hank is very good, Hank III is very good, and Hank Jr. is... well, Hank Jr. is this asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eF6vCv13bw

• Like 2

Also everyone voted for Hank Williams and you posted a Hank Williams Jr. song, which is almost an unforgivable mistake.Hank is very good, Hank III is very good, and Hank Jr. is... well, Hank Jr. is this asshole.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eF6vCv13bw

I don't know if you noticed the trend with the other videos that everybody else got. :/

Also I don't like Hank III.

I couldn't care less about Swift/Williams. Country isn't my bag.

I was the one that voted for Arcade Fire at #2 and I honestly could've put them at #1 so it's great to see them on the list. Like most indie darlings, there's been a bit of backlash against them since they became more popular but I still love their music. I'm (im)patiently waiting to hear their new album.

I liked Devin Townsend a decent amount when I was a lot more into metal so I can appreciate what he brings to the table. That said, it's not my cup of tea these days so I can't say that I'd listen to him extensively.

I don't really know who Taylor Swift is. I've heard one of her songs. Inoffensive, but not good.

Hank Williams is brilliant, obviously, though not somebody I listen to all that much, even when I'm in the mood for country music. For the record, I like Hank III sometimes. "Ghost To A Ghost" is a great album, and the first time he didn't at least sometimes sound like a petulant brat.

I don't really like The Arcade Fire all that much and never got the hype, but the last album was okay.

Devin Townsend is great. I like people in heavy metal who have an open mind and a sense of humour about what they do, rather than rehashing tired clichés. I don't know everything he's done, and I don't like a lot of what I've heard, but some of his stuff is absolutely brilliant. I have friends who hero worship him, including one girl who has a tattoo of his little logo thing, and did make-up for one of his live shows and stuff, but I've never been that bothered. I think I like him more in theory than I do actually listening to him.

• Like 1

Queen - I bloody love 'Radio Ga Ga' but that's about it. I've never really enjoyed anything from that era of rock music, it's just all a bit shit really.

Michael Jackson - Eh. There's a handful of great songs and dude knew how to make a music video but that's about it. I've never felt the need to listen to MJ, and I never will.

Slipknot - I actually quite like Slipknot, again they're not a band I'd ever go out of my way to listen to and yeah, they're not very good but yeah, I've got a soft spot for them. It's probably more to do with the fact that I don't really like 'metal' all that much and so the whole 'metal for people who don't like metal' thing works for me.

Portishead - They're alright I guess. I think I like the idea of them more than I actually like them. They're a band I always wanted to like a whole lot more than I did, but I could never really get too much into them.

Taylor Swift - Oh she's very, very pretty. I couldn't name you a single song but yeah, she's lovely to look at.

Hank Williams - I don't think I've ever actually listened to him. I doubt I'd appreciate him.

Arcade Fire - Did I vote for Arcade Fire? I should've done, they're ruddy fantastic and I ruddy love them. All three albums have been beautiful and I'm ridiculously excited for the new one.

Devin Townsend - I've tried a few times to get into him but I've never really managed it. I do quite like the few Strapping Young Lad songs I've heard though. Not really my scene, as it were but it's great for what it is.

I don't like Taylor Swift because she tried to steal Cher Lloyd's song >_>. She does seem to have a bit of a nasty and petty sense of humour which is faintly amusing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to her.

Hank Williams is incredible. I don't like his offspring but Hank himself is fantastic. I voted for him.

I thoroughly enjoyed Arcade Fire's first album, but their other two are a bit hit and miss. Their earnestness can get a bit annoying - I always get a bit frustrated at musicians who take everything so seriously. Still, they remain one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

I barely know Devin Townsend. I've ever knowingly listened to one song. It was okay.

I some how skipped over Taylor Swift. I like a few of her songs. Not quite sure how some haven't heard her. She's all over the radio and TV.

Teardrops on My Guitar

Love Story

You Belong With Me

Mine

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

I knew You Were Trouble

Mean

Well. That's more songs I like than I thought. :unsure:

• Like 2