EWB's Favorite Superheros

=BK=

lifeinfourcolors3x26_clip_image003.jpg

Ok so here is the deal. I want to see how EWB ranks the men and women in colorful spandex that aren't professional wrestlers.

List your favorites 1 through 10. 1 being highest. If you really can't list 10 I will accept 5 but your vote will not count as much as the people who do 10. Here is how the shorter lists will be counted

1. 10 Points
2. 8 Points
3. 6 Points
4. 4 Points
5. 2 Points

Now the hardest part might be figuring out who is and who isn't a Superhero since these kinds of characters flip-flop allegiances all the time. Here is how you need to do it. Lets make Magneto the example. Magneto may be a member of the X-Men now but generally when you think of him you think of him as the X-Men's major villain. So he wouldn't make it on this list. Same line of thought with Venom. He's not always a villain but most of the time you do tend to think of him as trying to get Spider-Man. My image above may only say Marvel and DC but you aren't limited to them. If you want The Savage Dragon on your list then go for it. You aren't even limited to comics. Space Ghost and Birdman would work just fine!

If you list a hero who has had multiple people under the mask I'll need you to name who it is. For example, you can't just name Batman. Batman could mean Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson,Terry McGinnis or a few others. This also means you can rank more than one of a hero if you want. When I say that I don't mean you can do this

1.Batman(Bruce Wayne/New 52)
4.Batman(Bruce Wayne/Kingdom Come)
6.Batman(Bruce Wayne/DCAU)

But you can do

1.Batman(Bruce Wayne)
4.Batman(Terry McGinnis)
6.Batman(Dick Grayson)

If you have any questions then just ask.

1. Gambit

2. Rogue

3. Storm

4. Batman

5. Catwoman

6. Spiderman

7. Wolverine

8. Iron Man

9. Superman

10. Psylocke

If you list a hero who has had multiple people under the mask I'll need you to name who it is. For example, you can't just name Batman. Batman could mean Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson,Terry McGinnis or a few others.

1. Axe Cop

2. Orgazmo (Joe Young) (I'm not sure if the stunt-cocks count as dawning the mask)

3. Choda Boy

4. Captain Hammer

5. Raphael

6. Spider-Man

7. Leonardo

8. Mysterion

9. Mint Berry Crunch

10. Wolverine

Edited by ndqw

Yeah... I really wouldn't bother with different Batman variations. If someone wants to vote for Dick Grayson, they can vote for Nightwing. Same with The Flash... Sure, there's like 6 versions, but do you really want to split the vote just because someone prefers the golden age guy that runs really fast instead of the modern day really fast running guy?

I'd vote... but eh, I'm not seeing this going anywhere.

Completely disagreed on Flash. Batman can be pretty safely assumed to be Bruce Wayne, but The Flash is a pretty distinct thing. I would consider putting Wally West on my list but not Barry Allen.

• Like 1

I think if we vote we should just stick with the name of the superhero, and not have to specify. It would be like if the list was for the Favourite Wrestlers of EWB, and people started specifying Triple H and Hunter Hearst Helmsley as different or nWo Hulk Hogan and 80's Immortal Hulk Hogan as different.

Maybe just vote for the superhero's collective run?

1. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

2. Batman (Bruce Wayne)

3. Spiderman (Peter Parker)

4. Superman

5. The Flash (Barry Allen)

6. Daredevil

7. Kitty Pryde

8. Nightwing

9. John Constantine

10. Green Arrow

I think if we vote we should just stick with the name of the superhero, and not have to specify. It would be like if the list was for the Favourite Wrestlers of EWB, and people started specifying Triple H and Hunter Hearst Helmsley as different or nWo Hulk Hogan and 80's Immortal Hulk Hogan as different.

Maybe just vote for the superhero's collective run?

It's not different, though, because they're different characters. A closer argument would be to suggest that a vote for Lex Luger would also count for Chris Masters, because they're the same gimmick - which is, of course, absurd.

To argue that it doesn't matter which "version" of a superhero you're voting for is to suggest that a superhero is nothing more than the sum total of their costume and superpowers, which does a disservice to (potentially) interesting and compelling characterisation. Like GoGo suggested, there are often drastic differences between the character of someone "under the mask" - Flash is a perfect example, but there's also the likes of Green Lantern. Sometimes it needs clarification.

I would say that, unless stated otherwise, assume that the vote is for the most well-known alter-ego (so a vote for just "Batman" counts for Bruce Wayne's Batman).

My list, off the top of my head - may tweak it a little later, depending on how far we can stretch the definition of "superhero";

1. Promethea

2. Rorschach

3. Gambit

4. Mr. A

5. Swamp Thing

6. Doctor Strange

7. Tom Strong

8. Batman (Bruce Wayne)

9. Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

10. Wolverine

• Like 3

1. Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

2. Batman (Bruce Wayne)

3. Static Shock

4. Robin (Dick Grayson)

5. Iron Man

6. Nightwing

7. Batman (Terry McGinnis)

8. The Human Torch

9. Flash (Wally West)

10. Deadpool

It's ok to have Dick Grayson on my list as two different superheroes right?

I'd say it's ok.

How loose is the definition of Superhero for this?

Can you have no powers/be better classified as an anti-hero(like the Punisher for example)?

I don't consider The Punisher A superhero myself but since he does exist in a world of superheros I'll allow him.