3.Superman

4.Captain America(Steve Rogers)

5.Wolverine

6.The Question(Vic Sage)

7.Nightwing(Dick Grayson)

8.Starfire

9.Batman(Terry McGinnis)

10.Captain Marvel/Shazam

I think if we vote we should just stick with the name of the superhero, and not have to specify. It would be like if the list was for the Favourite Wrestlers of EWB, and people started specifying Triple H and Hunter Hearst Helmsley as different or nWo Hulk Hogan and 80's Immortal Hulk Hogan as different.

Maybe just vote for the superhero's collective run?

tumblr_inline_mgdrvk8jQb1r9b28i.jpg

These are both Spider-Man but they are not the same Spider-Man. One of these I voted for and one of these wasn't even considered.

2a_120745_0_BatmanBeyond1Grounded.jpg

Both of these men are Batman. But they are not the same. Not at all. I would vote for them both differently.

1. Spider-Man (There is only one. Screw you if you think otherwise. Ok maybe I forgot Ultimate, but I am NOT voting for him)

2. X-23 (Always thought she was such a cool character. First one I latched onto when I started reading full time)

3. Captain America (duh)

4. The Incredible Hulk (His big fights are always fun and I like the sciencey stuff with puny Banner too)

5. Batman (tons of classic stories and the Nolan trilogy helps)

6. Hawkeye (I have to admit this wasn't until the new series but it is really amazing stuff)

7. Multiple Man (I fell out of love with the X-Factor book but Madrox was a great and fun character)

8. The Flash (Barry Allen. It may be more from the cartoons but he is a cool character I want to dig into more)

9. Wonder Woman (love the idea of Wonder Woman but not a lot of her stories thats why she is so low)

10. Jubilee (My first ever fave from the old cartoon. I was her for Halloween once)

I think everyone gets the general idea of the differences between the two - I think the suggestion has more to do with this thing actually getting enough votes to have a list come out of it. I consider myself low to moderate when it comes to being a fan of the comics - I like many others have a wide berth of knowledge when it comes to the characters, but specifics I get lost on sometimes. I like The Flash - but I had no clue there were THAT many distinctions. I just like the idea, look and general attitude of The Flash.

When I get around to my list - I probably won't put The Flash on it for this very reason, but that's not all that huge of an issue to me I guess. I think think more people would vote if they were voting for the legacy of a specific character instead of a specific person who played the role. I mean, I would assume if they were to bother making an alternate universe/alternate version of a hero, and they decided to name them the same thing, there would be enough of a similarity there to justify this.

• Like 1

8. The Flash (Barry Allen. It may be more from the cartoons but he is a cool character I want to dig into more)

Which Cartoons? JL and JLU Flash is Wally West. As is Young Justice.

Edit:Well KF is Wally in YJ. Totally forgot Barry was around as Flash.

I mean, I would assume if they were to bother making an alternate universe/alternate version of a hero, and they decided to name them the same thing, there would be enough of a similarity there to justify this.

Or just as conceivably, it could be a narrative device to explore the differences between how two different characters shoulder the same responsibility. It's a case-by-case thing, I feel.

But, again, to me it seems like a question of what's more important in a hero - their powers and costume, or their personality.

• Like 1

Which Cartoons? JL and JLU Flash is Wally West. As is Young Justice.Edit:Well KF is Wally in YJ. Totally forgot Barry was around as Flash.
It is? Which one is it in Flashpoint? They all seemed like the same guy. Whichever one that is is the one i meant

Flashpoint is Barry. Barry is more serious than Wally. Barry was also a cop. Wally is a showboat and a goof.

Also, JLU Wally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0P9S1PskFY

Ah, fuck it.

1. Plastic Man

2. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)

3. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

4. Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)

5. Booster Gold

6. Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

7. Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

8. The Thing

9. The Question (Vic Sage)

10. Batgirl/Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)

Honorable mentions are Ice (Tora Olafsdotter) and Vivisector from X-Statix.

It's funny that my list is so DC-dominated considering I haven't bought a DC book in two years. I think they have the stronger roster of characters, but their direction as a company is so stupid and awful whereas Marvel is pretty competent all things considered.

Also wish I had more female characters in here but I can't really front about who my all-time favorites are. Aside from Cassie there's not really a female superheroine that I straight-up love, just a lot of ones I decidedly like.

I think everyone gets the general idea of the differences between the two - I think the suggestion has more to do with this thing actually getting enough votes to have a list come out of it. I consider myself low to moderate when it comes to being a fan of the comics - I like many others have a wide berth of knowledge when it comes to the characters, but specifics I get lost on sometimes. I like The Flash - but I had no clue there were THAT many distinctions. I just like the idea, look and general attitude of The Flash.

When I get around to my list - I probably won't put The Flash on it for this very reason, but that's not all that huge of an issue to me I guess. I think think more people would vote if they were voting for the legacy of a specific character instead of a specific person who played the role. I mean, I would assume if they were to bother making an alternate universe/alternate version of a hero, and they decided to name them the same thing, there would be enough of a similarity there to justify this.

This is pretty much what I meant, yeah. Though it has since occurred to me that any votes for "The Flash" could be presented as a tie between each version of the character or something. It just seems a bit silly if we get a vote for 3 different versions of the character and then none make it on the list because none of them got a good enough score. :P

Anyway, seeing as people are actually doing votes now...

1. Hawkeye

2. Nova (Richard Rider, to specify)

3. Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)

4. Captain America

5. Green Arrow

6. Nightwing

7. Batman

8. Kate Barton

9. Superior Spider-Man (YEAH BITCHES, DOC OCK REPRESENT)

10. Starlord (Peter Quill)

Funnily enough, I end up including a bunch of specific ones that challenge my inital statement. Though, stuff like Carol Danvers Captain Marvel is pretty specific.

Honourable mentions go to Hal Jordan and Guy Gardener for the Green Lanterns and pretty much the Guardians of the Galaxy as a whole.

I should ban you for number 9! :angry:

There's a reason he's SUPERIOR! If Petey were worth a damn, he'd still have his body! (H)

I do actually love Peter Parker, especially Ultimate Peter, but

fuck, once you get past the inital "Well, that's stupid" shock factor, holy shit has Superior turned into one of the more interesting and different comics! I'd put it up there with Hawkeye on "holy shit I didn't expect this to be so good". But not quite as high, because there's nothing better than Hawkguy, bro.

• Like 1

1. Punisher 616

2. SQUIRREL GIRL 616

3. Deadpool 616

4. Dr McNinja

5. Spider-Man 616 (Peter Parker)

6. The Tick

7. Mitzi McNinja (Dr McNinja Universe) ("Pickled Beets AND....")

8. Dan McNinja (Dr McNinja Universe) ("KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ATTAAAAAAAAAAAACK!")

9. Oracle (I'm counting Oracle because she's the original Batgirl and she is still a key member of the Bat-Team. If you don't count her, put Forge at #9 and Batman (Bruce Wayne at #10)

10. Forge 616

Honorable Mentions: Batman (Bruce Wayne), Lobo, Gambit 616, Mister Fantastic, Domino 616, Thor 616, Howard The Duck, Green Hornet (All of them), Green Lantern (Jordan and Rainer), Professor X, Iron Man 616, Batgirl (Barbra Gordon and Cassandra Cain), Judge Dredd, Arthur (Tick Universe), Big Shot (Tick Universe), All of the Tick Universe heroes really... but especially the CIVIC MINDED FIVE~! also Cole McGrath (InFamous) because why not. Also also Sean "Dark Smoke Puncher" McNinja, Mayor Chuck Goodrich, Clone Ben Franklin, Judy The Gorilla, Yoshi The Raptor, and Gordito all from the McNinja Universe.

(Might edit this more, seeing as I edited it like five times already)

Also, for fun, villains list:

1. Ronald McBonald (McNinja)

2. Harley Quinn

3. The Joker

4. The Riddler

5. King Radical (McNinja)

6. Frans Rayner (McNinja)

7. Barracuda (Punisher)

8. The Russian (Punisher)

9. Multiple Man (X-Men)

10, Chairface Chippendale

Honorable Mentions: Yes

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Well I was distinguishing between two different universes, but eh whatever. Will fix in a second.

EDIT- Put Arthur at #10.

Actually... Kirkland, ruling on Dr. McNinja and his family? If he's allowed I'm putting him in my top 10.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Well I was distinguishing between two different universes, but eh whatever. Will fix in a second.

EDIT- Put Arthur at #10.

Actually... Kirkland, ruling on Dr. McNinja and his family? If he's allowed I'm putting him in my top 10.

I don't see why he wouldn't be.

EDIT- Put Arthur at #10.

I don't see why he wouldn't be.

Alright, edited in. I think I'm done for now, unless I decide to put Lobo over Batman.

Ten was not enough for me in the end >.>