The Xbox One Thread

Dan

Those are the only two down points so far - the physics system is wonderful and the fights feel a hell of a lot more like real fights now. If you played the Undisputed games you'll be very used to the controls, only thing that's really different is the submission system.

I saw someone play the demo on YouTube (as Gus). And the AI Jones did all kinds of funky cartwheel moves and convoluted suplexes.

Not like the takedowns in THQUFC looked great, the takedowns in EAUFC look really canned from what I saw.

Don't got a Next-Gen console though, so I can't try it out for myself.

Yeah the moveset has been a sticking point for some - the guys are doing some wild moves. I assume they're just in there to showcase everything in the trailer and the final movesets are going to be a bit more authentic - but either way I'm not bother. It's fun and it plays fun - so I'm just going to roll with it. I like the takedowns as well - they pretty much have to be standard unlike the strikes. Some of them look brutal, some of them feel a bit more realistic too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another month, another Xbox One dashboard update. August update details:

• Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).

• Expanded Friends area on Home: Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore. We’re doing an extended preview on this, rolling it into the early access preview this month to a subset of our preview audience so we can refine it until it’s ready for the entire Xbox One market.

• Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.

• Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.

• Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.

• Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.

• OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for four new countries as part of this month’s Preview program. And now there is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings, Troubleshooting section.

• Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next X1 update is awesome:

We’ve been bringing tons of new features to Xbox One fans worldwide throughout the year. Thanks to the recently-launched Xbox Feedback, our fans have played a huge role in shaping these updates. In fact, we’ve received thousands of posts and more than 400,000 votes to date.

Starting in the early access program later this month, new social features making it easier for gamers to connect with their friends and new ways to access their TV and entertainment throughout their homes will be coming to Xbox One. The updates include:
New “Friends” section – the new Friends section has been available for a few early access Preview members and we’re expanding it to everyone enrolled in the Preview program. The new Friends section enables users to see at a glance what’s going on with their friends. They can stay up-to-date with their current activities, the most popular games their friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore over the last 30 days.
Snap Center – Some of gamers’ favorite features in the Xbox 360 guide, are coming to Xbox One in a way that’s now truly be side-by-side with games. Messages, friends, parties, and achievements will all be available in the new Snap Center, providing a seamless way to switch back and forth without having to leave a game.
Threaded Messages – keeping gamers in their games while they multitask has been a huge focus. The new Messages app features threaded messages with the full conversation history – including embedded links to Game DVR clips – that can be viewed without interrupting gameplay.
Media Player – a new app will be available soon that enables users to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.
Xbox One Digital TV Tuner –announced last week, this new accessory will enter a limited preview program in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain), in advance of its retail launch beginning in October.
Stream TV to SmartGlass – launching first in markets receiving the Xbox Digital TV Tuner, Xbox One owners will be able to stream their TV across their home network to their smartphones and tablets using the Xbox SmartGlass app. They can also pause, play and rewind as well as change channels, without interrupting gameplay on the Xbox One. This will work for SmartGlass apps on Windows, iOS, and Android.
Boot to TV – Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.
Live TV mini guide – for markets where OneGuide is available, a new mini guide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. Users can quickly change channels and see what’s on other channels, while still watching TV.
Country Expansion – we’re doing a lot of work on the backend to prepare for Xbox One to launch in 29 new markets
in the coming weeks.
As with previous updates, these may be rolling out in general availability to Xbox One owners at different stages in the coming months. We continue to be amazed by our fans’ enthusiasm for our Xbox One system updates and their fantastic input. We’re working hard to make Xbox One more social and the best place for all your games and entertainment, and we can’t wait to roll out these new features, and more, in the coming months.
Later today, my gamescom co-host Acey Bongos, and one of the lead engineers on Xbox, Ashley Speicher, are demoing the new features. Stay tuned and we’ll post that demo a little later.
Xbox One compatible file types
3gp audio
3gp video
3gp2
aac
adts
animated gif
asf
avi divx
avi dv
avi uncompressed
avi xvid
bmp
jpg
gif
h264 avchd
mjpeg
mkv
mov
mp3
mpeg 1 ps
mpeg 2
mpeg 2 hd
mpeg 2 ts
mpeg 4 h264 aac
mpeg 4 sp
png
tiff
wav
wma
wma lossless
wma pro
wma voice
wmv
wmv hd

So much good stuff in that update, being able to stream your TV to smartglass is amazing.

I'll make a post-gamescom conference post later with all the Gamescom goodness, including Rise of the Tomb Raider being Xbox One exclusive!

Xbox One @ Gamescom

Digital Pre-Loading

Digital Pre-Loading is awesome for those (like me) who prefer games digitally, nothing worse than being able to drive to Tesco and get a game but having to wait while it downloads instead so that's awesome, it'll be going live for FIFA15 and Forza Horizan 2.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox Exclusive)

This is huge! Xbox must have paid a whole lot of money for this. I played the first one on my PC so I would be kinda pissed if I didn't own an Xbox One.

New Bundles

1TB CoD: AW bundle, FIFA15 bundle (Europe only) and the lovely white console in the Sunset Overdrive bundle.

FIFA15 Legends

Bu13X0uIIAA0dDl.jpg

ID@Xbox

Goat Simulator, SMITE, Plague Inc: Evolved, Fruit Ninja 2, Gunscape, The Escapists (looks awesome), looooads more.

Evolve

Beta in January exclusive on X1.

Quantum Break

First gameplay footage:

Halo Channel

Halo 5 Beta

Beta coming December 29th for 3 weeks. 4v4 arena games, no loadouts, everyone starts with the same weapons - seems to be going back to Halo roots.

Plenty of other stuff that I haven't digested too, just noticed that TrueAchievements is getting it's own app too: http://www.trueachievements.com/n17800/trueachievements-app-coming-soon-to-xbox-one.htm. I'm also really excited to see the X1 streaming TV to Smartglass. If that means I can stream SKY to the laptop while in bed, that will be an awesome feature.

Sony will reveal that Halo 5 is a PS4 exclusive later.

Catching up on the show now: Just up to ScreamRide and that's the thing that has stood out for me thus far. It sounds wrong but there's just something funny about rollercoaster disasters.