The Xbox One Thread

Dan

About the free games for gold thing:

This guy posted on Reddit 18 days ago saying a few things, they're all turning out to be true one by one: http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1pafrz/rumors/

Interestingly he says

"And I think people will be surprised by what games they will be getting for free so soon. The list obviously isn't finalized yet but expect first party launch titles, big name third party retail games and some very popular and well established indies to make the first few rounds. It will also continue like the current system, download and keep."

Dead Rising 3 reviews are in and are positive. Currently sitting at 79/100 (PS4's highest rated retail title is Killzone with 74/100)

Pretty excited for it now, was a bit nervous about it (I know i'll enjoy FIFA and NBA2K14) but even if Ryse sucks now, I'll have a good story game to play.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-the-kotaku-review-1467960010

First review of the console I've seen. Still reading through it, but considering the first several paragraphs are about how it can function as a cable box/universal remote and not as a game console, my hopes are not high.

And the voice command stuff with the Kinect just sounds dumb, and completely unnecessary.

There's a huge section of that review that doesn't have stuff to do with the media center portions of it - they exist and were covered first because they exist. They cover all of the features of the console and they're quite fair about it, honestly.

I still laugh my ass off at people who use the "I WANT TO PLAY GAMES" part when it still plays friggin' games and still does it quite well. It's not like they took out anything game related. And I was CRITICAL of the One when it was announced.

But either way - it's pretty much what you would expect. "Not yet".

• Like 1

The media center stuff is the only thing that even interests me because it's the first thing about these consoles that actually feels new and different.

But, unsurprisingly, it's not ready and they rushed both consoles out the door to be the centerpieces of an otherwise uneventful holiday season, particularly in the gaming world, so early adopters are basically just beta testing the things. I'll be excited when the slim version comes out and the consoles actually have something worth playing that I can't get on 360, PS3, or Wii U.

There's a huge section of that review that doesn't have stuff to do with the media center portions of it - they exist and were covered first because they exist. They cover all of the features of the console and they're quite fair about it, honestly.

I still laugh my ass off at people who use the "I WANT TO PLAY GAMES" part when it still plays friggin' games and still does it quite well. It's not like they took out anything game related. And I was CRITICAL of the One when it was announced.

But either way - it's pretty much what you would expect. "Not yet".

I know it exists, I read the entire review. But it says something when a review of a gaming console has an essay about all of its other features before it even touches on gaming. For some people this console is going to be everything they want and more. For me, it seems I be focused on a bunch of features I have no interest in, and that in no way impact the gaming experience. I don't need to talk to my TV, or be gaming and watching a movie at the same time.

• Like 1

I've already discussed my issues with the gaming side of things. I don't like the changes they've made to the controller. It doesn't run games as well as the PS4 does. Dead Rising 3 is the only lauvch title I'd be interested in, but ultimately it will be more of the same stuff I was bored with in Dead Rising 2. I'm uninspired by it's offerings as a gaming console and turned off by the other features it heavily promotes, which I find unnecessary.

I mostly agree outside of Dead Rising 3. From what I've seen, it looks like they took all the stupid, shitty things like strict time limits and super degrading weapons and added awesome stuff like motorcycles with bulldozers that shoot fire.