The Xbox One Thread

Dan

We're getting Volgarr the Viking as November's Games with Gold. I'll repeat what I said in the general Xbox thread:

Only seeing Volgarr listed so I dunno if that'll be the only one or if they're keeping Chariot on or, God forbid, Crimson Dragon again.

Always heard good things about VtV and got it in a bundle recently on PC but never properly started it so might as well do it here. It's one of those 'old school hard' kind of games that have been in the past few years, with sort of 16-bit graphics. Puts me in mind of Ghosts and Goblins, both in terms of it's intended difficulty and the damage system where you have armour you can lose when you get hit which sort of forms your 'life'. You have spears for weapons and you can throw them into walls to make temporary platforms.

It's the instant on setting - yeah. It allows you to turn it off and still have the game as if you had just moved out to the dashboard, use "XBOX ON" to turn it on and generally boot up faster. I don't like the idea of that though, was reading on how much power that can suck up - if you go to Settings and something like Startup & Power.. something along those lines, you can switch it over.

I think you've heard my voice more than anyone on EWB... and that's just when I whisper in your ear while you're sleeping. :wub:

I'll try to be a better online player this gen, I promise. I just have such a weird schedule, no one will ever be available to play with me. Anyone who does most of their gaming between noon and 5pm, EST... I'M YOUR GUY!