The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Is that new Final Fantasy game any good?

Eh. I can't call a game I put 30+ hours into bad per se, but it wasn't particularly enthralling and I'd say it's mostly for Final Fantasy die-hards. It was just a little, I dunno, a bit dull and lifeless.

I fear that XV is going to be the same way. Luckily X/X-2 Remastered is coming out to give me my FF fix.

It's an easy fix. Turn the PS4 off completely and remove the HDMI, power supply and any USB devices you've got plugged in. Leave it for 10 minutes or so and just plug everything back in and it should work fine. It seems to be a reoccurring issue with a lot of PS4s with no real rhyme nor reason as to why it happens. But powering everything down and unplugging everything seems to work. Happened to mine a couple months ago and haven't had a problem since.

PS4 hotline told me I need to do all what you said and tighten the manual disk ejection screw. I found the screw, but it wouldn't budge. Funnily enough, when I put it all back together, the problem disappeared. Hopefully it will keep working now. But thanks for your help anyway.

Is that new Final Fantasy game any good?

Eh. I can't call a game I put 30+ hours into bad per se, but it wasn't particularly enthralling and I'd say it's mostly for Final Fantasy die-hards. It was just a little, I dunno, a bit dull and lifeless.

I kinda enjoy it in bursts, but it doesn't exactly excite me enough to play for prolonged periods of time.

I put it on my tab straight away as it said to go mobile to do playlists. The fact it immediately paired with my PS4 and that I could play songs from my tab to instantly play on the console was pretty cool.

When I'm out and about, I have my Walkman for music, so doubt I'd need to download songs. Besides, my phone has unlimited net so I could just stream if needs be. I heard it's like £10 a month which sounds reasonable if you plan on using it a lot. Like I say, I'll only use it on the PS4 for driving games, and I rarely play them anyway.

It's pretty amazing. They've got what Mortal Kombat should be down pat.

But MAN are the fatalities.. a bit much at times.

I'll second both of these statements. The game plays great, but the fatalities can be ridiculous.