The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Plus bug?

Sim racer is more realistic like Gran Turismo. Arcade racer is like...I dunno, something more "gamey" like Daytona USA.

I'm sure someone can provide a better example. <_<

Burnout is the king of the arcade racers for me. I am eagerly awaiting the disappointment of a new Burnout game.

Burnout 3 is without question one of my top PS2 games.

• Like 1

The recent talk of Driveclub lead me to borrow it from work, I didn't bother with it because of the launch issues, but I'm having fun with it. Did it ever get enough traction to warrant a EWB club? If not I'll set one up, there's probably a couple of trophies to be had for racing as part of a club.

Sounds good.

Done, couldn't figure out how to send invites, but if you search EWB Racing you can join. I left it open for anyone as the club doesn't actually do anything until there's 2+ members.

I've joined the Club. :)

Played 5 or 6 races, really like it already. Handles a lot like Forza, and I like the point scoring and objectives during each race.

At what point on the tour do you get to hand pick your car? I've downloaded a bunch from the store, but can't use them early on for obvious reasons.

I've played through the rookie and amateur tours, and even managed to get my first gold trophy for getting a podium in a 12 player race without any penalties against me.

It's taken me two hours to get more enjoyment out of this than I did The Crew in twice that time.

I need to start the Mortal Kombat X story eventually...I've just been too busy pissing about with the towers and online.

It's meant to continue several years later from what I've read and a friend has told me. I didn't play the last one but that's what I've been told.

You know what races I hate? The % ones which see you heading down one long, winding road. You're positioned near the back of the field and there's barely any room to overtake legally because of the narrow track. Will persist with it, but any kind of mistake sees the first few powering away from the pack and become impossible to catch, especially as the tour gets harder.

I'm liking it too. There's an enjoyable simplicity to it, in my opinion, but it's still frustrating enough to want you to keep playing and get better :P

I was skeptical when I saw the free games for this month, but they haven't turned out too bad. Guacamelee is excellent, although I'm annoyed because I already bought it :P Race The Sun is fun, The Unfinished Swan is a nice artistic title, haven't tried Ether One yet because I've heard it's buggy and I'm waiting for a fix.

What the fuck is Hohokum though? Like, seriously.

Hohokum is beautiful, I've had it for a while but it's worth sticking on if you want an interactive and badass looking screensaver.

I think I've sung the praises of Unfinished Swan before, I haven't actually completed it yet but it was a lovely little game.

I've had Guacamelee for ages but never played it which annoyed me when it was announced as one of the freebies this month because we've been waiting to get a second controller to play couch co-op on it.

Played about five minutes of Ether One. Got to write a name on a clipboard and wrote 'Wanky McTitties' and then turned it off.

Me and Snowball stayed up until, like, half 2 the other morning playing Race the Sun though. Holy shit that thing is addictive.