The PS4 thread

9 to 5

• Admin

So I received a PS4 as a surprise gift the other day.

I've compiled the following list of games:

Dragon Age

The Order 1886

Bloodborne

Devil May Cry

Dying Light

All these games look good but just wanting to hear others thoughts on them. Worth playing or skip? I'm hoping I can pick some of them up pretty cheap now as well.

Sadly I don't know anyone that has played 1 of them never all of them. >_>

The console came bundled with "Infamous Second Son" I should add.

Dragon Age is a fun RPG.

Bloodborne is a VERY fun action-RPG - probably a better game all in all. Very difficult though.

In terms of reviews, the only game that has surpassed Bloodborne's scores is the imminent release of The Witcher.

The Order is apparently pretty, fun, but short.

Not sure about the others.

• Like 1

Dragon Age

The Order 1886

Bloodborne

Devil May Cry

Dying Light

All these games look good but just wanting to hear others thoughts on them. Worth playing or skip? I'm hoping I can pick some of them up pretty cheap now as well.

I haven't played any of the games you listed, and someone always mentions it, but you should totally get The Last of Us if you haven't already played it.

It's one of the best games I've ever played and is literally always on sale.

• Like 1

Dragon Age and Bloodborne are probably the most value for money if you're paying full price for them all. I'd definitely wait for price drops on The Order and DMC while Dying Light falls somewhere in the middle.

I presume you're getting Plus sorted? I'd definitely recommend getting that all set up in May so you can pick up Guacamelee for free too.

• Like 1

I assume you can still add multiple accounts to get a 2nd region like on PS3 so I can buy US games from flash sales like this?

That's correct.

Dragon Age

The Order 1886

Bloodborne

Devil May Cry

Dying Light

I haven't played any of the games you listed, and someone always mentions it, but you should totally get The Last of Us if you haven't already played it.

Further to the point above about creating US accounts, The Last of Us is under £10 here. You'd have to create a US account and it would be a big download, but it's considerably cheaper than you'll find it elsewhere. Also, games registered on different accounts should be accessible from your main account, so there's no need to worry if you're a trophy collector.

I assume you can still add multiple accounts to get a 2nd region like on PS3 so I can buy US games from flash sales like this?

I think you need to set the US account as primary account to be able to play the games on your normal account or something like that. But yes, unlike the portable consoles by sony this still works. Now someone help me remember my Password for my US account.

That's correct.

Dragon Age

The Order 1886

Bloodborne

Devil May Cry

Dying Light

Further to the point above about creating US accounts, The Last of Us is under £10 here. You'd have to create a US account and it would be a big download, but it's considerably cheaper than you'll find it elsewhere. Also, games registered on different accounts should be accessible from your main account, so there's no need to worry if you're a trophy collector.

You beautiful man. Will be picking that up ASAP>

• Admin

The week that kliq received a shitload of cash from us, the EWB members, he gets a PS4 as a "gift".

Well when you consider I don't take a salary for doing this job how do you expect me to buy myself anything? :(

Dragon Age and Bloodborne are probably the most value for money if you're paying full price for them all. I'd definitely wait for price drops on The Order and DMC while Dying Light falls somewhere in the middle.

I presume you're getting Plus sorted? I'd definitely recommend getting that all set up in May so you can pick up Guacamelee for free too.

I don't even know what Plus is tbh... >_<

It's about £30/35 for a years subscription and allows you to play online and some other things. You also get access to 4/5 free games every month and some discounts in the PSN store.

Just Wikipedia Playstation Plus for the other features. I would have thought you'd get at least a free month with your new console.

• Like 1

I read somewere that beating John Jones is super hard only the first time you face him so i took the loss and two fights later he was much closer to the easy difficult level. Now i am fighting a 49 year old Dan Henderson for the Title. >_>

• Admin

It's about £30/35 for a years subscription and allows you to play online and some other things. You also get access to 4/5 free games every month and some discounts in the PSN store.

Just Wikipedia Playstation Plus for the other features. I would have thought you'd get at least a free month with your new console.

I possibly did, I haven't even opened the box yet.

I'll check it out though. Cheers.

I hope Kliq doesn't get GTA, half of us will be banned for life. >_>

Explain :o

Do you know X-Box live? Same thing. Better free games

I only ever used X-Box live to download and play Banjo Kazooie, so sort of.