The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Has anyone played/bought songs for the Singstar XMB free version? Any fun?

I guess generally - has anyone played Singstar?

Yeppers. Have many a song (99, I think?) downloaded for it.

It mainly skews towards pop, hip-hop and country. You'll very rarely find anything outside of top 40 music in the store. Since I believe it's a British developer, a lot of Europe's pop music shows up.

Much more than The Final Countdown :shifty:

You can use your phone as a mic as of the PS4 version (and purchases made on older versions will carry over once they finally get them released to the PS4 version), but make sure to calibrate manually. Auto-calibration rarely works and some of those passages are tricky.

I liked the look of the music, and am currently without a karaoke/rhythm game on any computer I own. Didn't like the look of the content on the Singstar PS4 disc, but could probably do a better job picking 15 or so off of the store that I'd actually enjoy.

Rumours are circling that we're getting an Uncharted Remastered Collection.

If it's true, I'd be extremely pleased. Was one of the Playstation exclusives I most wanted during my time as an Xbox 360 owner :P

Also, Resident Evil Zero HD, but I don't care about that one as much :P

I love the idea of an Uncharted Remaster. I bought Uncharted 2 but never got to play through it before I sold my Playstation originally. Never played the others so it would definitely be a good thing to have around the time that 4 comes out.

Had a random thought and no way to test it right now.

Say someone starts broadcasting to their YouTube channel via the Share button. Say they did not invite anyone to said stream, thus making it effectively private.

Now say aforementioned person downloaded the video from YouTube (via any number of extensions/methods) to their PC.

Would this not effectively circumvent then need for a capture card?

You can't stream right to YouTube can you? Doesn't it have to be Twitch or...what's the other one? UStream?

This sounds right.

And I don't think you can archive the Twitch streams. At least, I don;t think you can.

Well I mean, it would, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to watch footage captured from a PS4, then compressed for uploading to the net, then compressed for downloading it, then compressed by uploading to YouTube. If you're looking to start a YouTube channel, it's probably a decent start... but I'm not sure it's really going to hold up.

You can't stream right to YouTube can you? Doesn't it have to be Twitch or...what's the other one? UStream?

You may be right and you can only upload to YT. I think you can archive the Twitch streams, though.

I'll have to test the various cheapo methods when I get home.

Nothing doing. YouTube is only for upload, Twitch won't allow you to download the final product, and I don't care about Ustream.

Rats.

Edit: Apparently there are some major issues with Ultra Street Fighter IV. I was thinking about nabbing that since it was only $25. Anybody here having issues with it?

So I'm trading in a boat load of DVDs at CEX tomorrow and will probably pick up a game!

My PS4 has been criminally underused, only have FIFA, Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs. Any recommnedations on other games I've missed out on? I was thinking Far Cry 4 even though I've never played any of the previous ones!

So I'm trading in a boat load of DVDs at CEX tomorrow and will probably pick up a game!

My PS4 has been criminally underused, only have FIFA, Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs. Any recommnedations on other games I've missed out on? I was thinking Far Cry 4 even though I've never played any of the previous ones!

I got Far Cry 4 with no prior Far Cry experience, and it's bloody wonderful. Get it!