The PS4 thread

9 to 5

You really must have a lot of DVD's if you're gonna be trading enough to get a game from the 10p a go they give for them. :shifty:

I genuinely do have a lot of DVDs that I'll never use, two bags full! :P

Trading in Assassin's Creed and FIFA too so I'd expect to be leaving with at least two games, thanks for the recommendations!

June's PS+ freebies have been announced.

PS4:

MGS V: Ground Zeroes

Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition

Super Exploding Zoo

Futuridium EP Deluxe

PS3:

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Cloudberry Kingdom

PS Vita:

Super Exploding Zoo

Futuridium EP Deluxe

You PS3 folk get one of the more fun co-op games out there and I finally get to try MGS V. Not the greatest lineup, but I can't complain.

From the other Sony thread :(Y):

Maybe we could go back to having just the one now, its not like there's tonnes of conversation about PS3/Vita. Same probably applies to the XBOX stuff too.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is good, I got it when it originally came out. Short but fun to play, especially the extra missions.

I think there's a similar situation on PC, on which it's becoming increasingly difficult to sell indie games because people are waiting for them to appear in pay-what-you-like bundles. In many cases, the developers of those games end up being OK because they make good money from such bundles, but I'm not sure how well compensated they are for having their games in the Instant Game Collection.

For the most part, the "smaller" games tend to be part of the service upon release, whereas the higher-profile games, like Guacamelee and Transistor (both of which, it can be argued, don't count as indie), are often brought in after they've been on the market for at least a few months. I imagine it's a state of affairs that primarily influences the purchasing habits of those on the fence about the games in question, with those desperate to play them generally picking them up quickly. As for the lesser-known games, as long as Sony offers the developers a reasonable deal, I can see why, with coverage of lower-budget games often sparse, they would be willing to throw their games into the Plus mix for the exposure. Whether or not that translates into higher revenue is unclear, though, so I'd be interested to see an affected party come out and talk about their experiences.

Yeah definitely.

To be honest, part of it to me is self-pity. There's a couple of multiplayer games I'd like to play that my friends are interested in too, but refuse to buy. For example Helldivers has dropped to about a tenner in the store, and I think it'd be a pretty neat co-op experience, but I'm having to wait till it either drops to a fiver or goes on for free in a years time.

PS4 Console + 3 Months PS Plus + Witcher 3 + The Last of Us + Project Cars = £263.97

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15WVXoPym5viGklLcBZxpD9-nvY1sEBrMJ6MOy3uBh58/edit

User in the comments on reddit stated that Last Of Us and Cars was put into a separate order that he canceled, making the PS4 and Witcher £200 if it doesn't correct itself.