The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I have payed off my pre-order. I am ready to pick up the PS4 at midnight, go home, sleep, go to New York, and play it on Tuesday maybe! :D

Hopefully it works for you.

Looks like they've got a problem with bricking. IGN and Kotaku have both had a faulty console amongst others.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

It took Microsoft a long time to shake off the stigma of the "Red Ring of Death" issue that plagued its early Xbox 360 units, so it'll be a major setback for Sony if this ends up being a widespread problem. Microsoft at least had a year's head start over Sony in which to start ironing out those issues last time round, which is why, with both systems launching in the same month, it's all the more imperative for Microsoft and Sony to avoid building up the reputation of having unreliable consoles. If the foibles reported in the press are simply isolated issues, fair enough, but there have been more than a few murmurs from industry insiders speaking on social media sites that both machines might have their fair share of teething problems.

I swear, game companies are just fucking with early adopters at this point.

Asides the price and the lack of games this is a major point not to get one day one. At least with PS3 and xBox 360 the internet buzz made it feel like everyone who bought early and expensive got to buy it a second time. My fat still runs smothly but thats a model that is 4-5 years old so...

• Like 1

Got my hands on the PS4 at EB Games today - totally forgot that the launch would be tonight, some people lining up and such. The controller felt kinda good and they were showcasing FIFA 14 - which looked brilliant but at the same time, I have a big feeling that it was partly to the television that it was being displayed on. I'll wait to make final judgements until I see it on someone elses television.

If you're not out lining up for your PS4, why not watch the launch event? Apparently it promises to have all sorts of juicy details of future games and what not.

EDIT: They start the PS4 hype by showing DLC for The Last Of Us. :shifty:

And Uncharted for PS4 because DUH!

I will heal you in BF4! Also? I like the controller. Might take some getting used to...but it is nice and smooth.

Edit: And just downloaded my two free games :D And have $20 in my PS store wallet!

Tomorrow, I will try to stream via twitch. See how that works.