The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Sorry to say, but it was a movie tie-in game, I'm not sure what you expected :unsure:

But I liked it. It was just way short. Are you saying movie tie-ins are way short?

Yeah, that's what I mean.

I don't know if anyone else was interested but Elder Scrolls Online has been delayed for 6 months

Ouch. The PC release didn't exactly set the world on fire (then again, name a MMO that did - even WoW took a while before it became huge). Hopefully the console release can be something surprising, otherwise this could go all Warhammer/Age of Conan quickly.

They should've made an Elder Scrolls game with multiplayer rather than an MMO based in the Elder Scrolls world. All of the randomness and life of the world disappeared. Probably didn't help that they outsourced the work.

I don't mind delays when the objective is to make sure that the finished product is worth putting out, which in this case seems to be the reason.

That being said, fans of The Elder Scrolls will only like the game if they enjoy MMO's to begin with. It isn't an Elder Scrolls game with massive-multiplayer capability. It's an MMO dressed up like The Elder Scrolls.

On another note, this also gives Sony another six months to figure out how this will work for them. They don't want customers to have to pay more than once for a game, and Elder Scrolls Online is a subscription based game. As far as I'm aware, they still hadn't announced whether or not the console version would require anything more than the Playstation Plus subscription for online access.

The way the internet nerds out over it, they should do a HD remake of Spiderman 2.

They should though because that game was ace. It was GTA but instead of cars and planes you're Spiderman and that's like a great idea.

Oh my god there is a $170 version of Dragon Age 3 and it shames me to say I am going to buy it! :w00t:

I'm pre-ordering it for my fiancee today as well. It comes with a lot of really nifty stuff, and it is extremely limited from what I can tell. EB Games is only getting allotted one or two per store. My store only gets one, and we haven't advertised it yet, so I'm going to snatch it up.

So yeah, I've decided that I'm replacing my Xbox 360 with one of these for my birthday in July. Any recommendations on games and add-ons and stuff? I have no idea if I need extras to use online or something to that effect, any general input from you PS4 owners would be of help.

Also, general opinions on why this is better than the XBONE, since my brother wants to get one of them, and won't believe me when I try and say how wrong he is.

In terms of the hardware, both systems are fairly similar with a slight edge to Sony.

To play online, you have to have a subscription regardless of which console you buy, but Sony's is cheaper and it is their Playstation Plus program, which provides you with free games and discounts every month on digital titles. When I had it on my PS3, I had more games on my hard drive than I had time to get to. It's a nice program.

The real deciding factor though has to be the console exclusive games. With Xbone coming out with a Kinect-less bundle, and with them having ditched most of what made the console different from the PS4 to begin with, the big difference is going to be in game selection.