The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Am I going blind or is there no Destiny thread?

Anyway, the Beta is awesome. Probably sold me on a PS4 when the inevitable bundle hits at launch. It's what I wanted Borderlands to be. Really, really impressed.

You say inevitable like it wasn't already announced a long time ago :P

Am I going blind or is there no Destiny thread?

Anyway, the Beta is awesome. Probably sold me on a PS4 when the inevitable bundle hits at launch. It's what I wanted Borderlands to be. Really, really impressed.

You say inevitable like it wasn't already announced a long time ago :P

:D To be fair I've been so disinterested in next gen up till now that the only bundles I'm aware of are inFamous and Killzone...

I played the beta for an hour or two, wasn't really impressed.

This.

I was having some fun until I reached the hub world and realized it's an MMO. Nothing really kills my enjoyment like having to wait for enemies to respawn because other people are a few minutes ahead of you in quests.

Weird, I played a ton of the alpha and now some of the beta and haven't encountered a time where I'm waiting for enemies to respawn.

I haven't encountered that at all.

My biggest gripe is clearing out an area, exploring it a bit, and going to leave, only to find that I've cornered myself into a tight spot with a whole bunch of enemies just standing right near the exit, where they were before I killed them to gain entry in the first place.

Makes leveling up easier though, I guess... killing twice the amount of enemies.

I haven't encountered that at all.

My biggest gripe is clearing out an area, exploring it a bit, and going to leave, only to find that I've cornered myself into a tight spot with a whole bunch of enemies just standing right near the exit, where they were before I killed them to gain entry in the first place.

Makes leveling up easier though, I guess... killing twice the amount of enemies.

I really don't think the amount of exp you get for killing them is making any difference.

Yeah, an extra 5 exp for a mob when you need 10,000 for the next level (I'm aware these aren't exact numbers) isn't going to get you far. It's MMO leveling, you're not going to get any further grinding out levels against the little guys. The amount of exp you get from them vs. the amount you get from a smaller quest is shared in a specific way.

Which is all fine, if you like the way MMO's do things. I don't, that's why I don't enjoy it.

I dislike MMO's. I never could get into any of them previously, but this feels different.

Nothing of what I've done thus far feels like I'm grinding anything out.

That isn't to say that it won't change later on... but as of right now, this barely feels like an MMO. It feels more like a single person Halo-esque game, with RPG elements and the occasional co-operative battles.

Game feels way more like an FPS-RPG than an MMO.

Yeah, an extra 5 exp for a mob when you need 10,000 for the next level (I'm aware these aren't exact numbers) isn't going to get you far. It's MMO leveling, you're not going to get any further grinding out levels against the little guys. The amount of exp you get from them vs. the amount you get from a smaller quest is shared in a specific way.

Which is all fine, if you like the way MMO's do things. I don't, that's why I don't enjoy it.

Are you playing solo or with friends? I can see why you might find it dull or average on your own, but even with just one friend I thought it was a blast. We didn't really even look at levels and grinding.

And it is an MMO, but not having to put up with the tank, healer, damage dealer system eradicates a lot of problems.