The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Anybody used Gamestop before? Just ordered my PS4 and then made the stupid decision to search up feedback on their delivery afterwards, seem to have tonnes of complaints. Express (1-2) days is the best option you can get, was hoping to get it tomorrow, seems they've left some waiting weeks. Just wondering if anybody has previously used them?

I only ever used them the once and it was for a game, not a console. The release day came and went without any word, emails went unanswered over the weekend (Understandable, I suppose) and it wasn't until the Monday that I got an email saying there'd been an issue with the suppliers but they were sending them out that day. Would have had it the next day too but I missed the delivery, had to get it on the Wednesday.

So, a bit iffy but you can't fault the speed and TBF, I was getting the game for like half of what it was listed at at places like GAME and Amazon so I could accept a delay in return for savings of that magnitude. :shifty:

I ordered The Last Of US from them, got it before release date. No complaints from me.

Gamestop has had to change their shipping policies to reflect these mistakes. That's why things don't necessarily reach customers on release day anymore. People were getting them before release, which in the past wasn't a massive issue, but they were sharing too much information, selling their copies before release date, and other such things. Distributors weren't happy about that, so now all shipping has to be done so that the games arrive on the day of release at the very earliest.

Help me, EWB, you're my only hope.

So my brand new PS4 was delivered this morning. I set it up and turned it on to find out I cannot log into PSN. Whenever I try and log in all I get is "Please wait..." My internet connection is fine. I called up the PSN hotline and described what was going on and they said this problem rarely occurs and they cannot fix it. After an hour on the phone, they gave me a reference number and told me to get a replacement from Amazon ASAP. Luckily, Amazon are happy to send out a replacement.

I did some looking around on the internet and this seems to be a common problem but there are no clear solutions to fix it. Has anyone here had a similar problem? As far as I'm aware, the PSN is fine and working. I've created 3 brand new PSN accounts and none of them work on my PS4, all I get is "Please wait..." I've reset my modem several times, turned it off and on and yes... I have tried waiting, as the PS4 suggests.

Anyone know what the fuck is going on here?