General Podcast Thread

Hobo

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Yeah, but its still not a BDSM podcast....

There are definite undertones and constant references to BDSM though.

Just listened to last weeks episode today. I swear they got near nothing done. Such good humour

• 2 weeks later...

Roll the dice, swing the sword, ruin the DMs plans.

Also if you want a new one, try The Adventure Zone. They've just started their completely new season (called graduation) so there's only three episodes if you wanted to get in early. No knowledge of the previous two seasons necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, K said:

I actually did that one time in a game at a convention. But to be fair, it was his fault for how he set the game up, using pregenerated characters with the Player Option rules. (Long story short, I one-shot the main boss with a critical hit.)

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I actually did that one time in a game at a convention. But to be fair, it was his fault for how he set the game up, using pregenerated characters with the Player Option rules. (Long story short, I one-shot the main boss with a critical hit.)

Sounds like a win to me!

• 3 weeks later...

In 2018 comedian and writer Jamie Loftus joined Mensa as a joke. She wrote the now infamous article, 'Good News, They Let Dumb Sluts into Mensa Now'. I remember reading it at the time. In the year after that article was posted, Jamie was subjected to online abuse and death threats from the surprisingly right-wing userbase of the world's oldest and largest high IQ society.

She has just released a limited, four-part Podcast called My Year in Mensa. It's very interesting and funny and I definitely recommend it. It's just four parts of about forty minutes each, and it all came out on NYD. I'm just about done with episode two.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:22, K said:

Also if you want a new one, try The Adventure Zone. They've just started their completely new season (called graduation) so there's only three episodes if you wanted to get in early. No knowledge of the previous two seasons necessary.

Thanks for this suggestion. Started on the season noted and loving it. It's hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

15 minutes ago, K said:

i... have never experienced this

Earwolf podcasts do this from time to time.  It's a promotional tool for  other podcasts. Usually it will involve someone from the podcast you're subbed to.

Because I am subscribed to I Was There Too and Spontaneanation sometimes I'll get promo stuff for Superego because Matt Gourley (IWTT) and Paul F Tompkins (Spont) are involved in that.

Sometimes it's a  trailer or sometimes a full episode. It's occasionally a bit of a let down when it's a dormant podcast feed only being used to promote something on stitcher premium.

I am also subscribed to Superego which complicates matters as I get some things in multiple feeds.

• Like 1

Now that I've finished Wikishuffle again (:crying:), I'm looking for podcast recommendations. If I'm being honest, I want a podcast that's three white guys recording from a shed on the M62 - the subject can be whatever (preferably not wrestling), but I want to listen to the developing camaraderie between the hosts.

And to make things more awkward: no celebrities because fuck them muscling in on podcasting, and no podcasts that inexplicably have six producers and three sound editors.

On 27/01/2020 at 10:58, GA! said:

Now that I've finished Wikishuffle again (:crying:), I'm looking for podcast recommendations. If I'm being honest, I want a podcast that's three white guys recording from a shed on the M62 - the subject can be whatever (preferably not wrestling), but I want to listen to the developing camaraderie between the hosts.

And to make things more awkward: no celebrities because fuck them muscling in on podcasting, and no podcasts that inexplicably have six producers and three sound editors.

Have you listened to My Brother, My Brother and Me? They're basically podcast celebrities at this point, with 500 episodes under their belt, a TV show, voice-over work in a dreamworks movie, successful tie-ins with Wizards of the Coast and all that, but if you start at episode one, which was ten years ago, it's just three brothers who started a podcast so they would have an excuse to skype call each other once a week.

I finally listened to S-Town and I was hooked. I’m not really sure how to feel about it due to the circumstances but it was one hell of a listen.

I’ve also been listening to Monster: DC Sniper which has been a tremendous series thus far.

I am on the lookout for more limited series, true crime is my thing at the moment but am open to suggestions for other genres. Preferably something that’s easy to listen to but informative and fascinating at the same time. 

19 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I am on the lookout for more limited series

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but My Year in MENSA is pretty good.

A girl joined MENSA as a joke, and it turned out that the MENSA community is full of right wing memeing, hardcore trump fans, doxxing, death threats and a deep schism that the higer ups in the organisation have been covering-up/ignoring.

It's good. Only four episodes.

On 02/01/2020 at 23:05, K said:

In 2018 comedian and writer Jamie Loftus joined Mensa as a joke. She wrote the now infamous article, 'Good News, They Let Dumb Sluts into Mensa Now'. I remember reading it at the time. In the year after that article was posted, Jamie was subjected to online abuse and death threats from the surprisingly right-wing userbase of the world's oldest and largest high IQ society.

She has just released a limited, four-part Podcast called My Year in Mensa. It's very interesting and funny and I definitely recommend it. It's just four parts of about forty minutes each, and it all came out on NYD. I'm just about done with episode two.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2020 at 2:58 AM, GA! said:

Pokemon World Tour United is three white guys playing the Pokemon table top RPG.