General Podcast Thread

Hobo

Thought about purchasing a mic and finally recording something after all these years but it's like...what would I even talk about? What are the things I like? Wrestling. Super Heroes. Horror. True Crime. Anime and Manga. The strange and unusual. All things covered by a million other podcasts and youtubers.  I had once thought about a watch through cast of Roseanne but...ya know. 

1 hour ago, =BK= said:

Thought about purchasing a mic and finally recording something after all these years but it's like...what would I even talk about? What are the things I like? Wrestling. Super Heroes. Horror. True Crime. Anime and Manga. The strange and unusual. All things covered by a million other podcasts and youtubers.  I had once thought about a watch through cast of Roseanne but...ya know. 

Do what you want! There's no such thing as originality on the Internet in terms of subject matter anyway.

• Like 1

ive just found out that Podcast Addict keeps statistics of how long you've listened for.

In total, I've listened to 60 days and 18 hours of podcasts, of which 17 days were My Brother, My Brother and Me, and 2 Days and 16 hours were WikiShuffle.

I like MBMBAM but I honestly have it quite low on my priorities of podcasts I listen to. For no reason other than there's a load of podcasts I like better.  I tend to go int he prioroty of The Anfield Wrap's TAW Player podcasts, anything involving Matt Gourley and everything else :shifty:

• 1 month later...
On 21/06/2018 at 02:28, =BK= said:

Be a jack of all trades and do it all. That can be your thing.

I've got an idea for a podcast. Think there would be interest in a "Tales From The Crypt" episode review? 

My idea is me and a friend summarize then review an episode, then branch off and talk about other horror or pop culture stuff after. 

What do you think?

'Bubble' is very good. It's a short comedy drama series, only eight half hour episodes, and it feels like hitchhikers guide to the galaxy meets red dwarf meets buffy the vampire slayer. 

https://www.maximumfun.org/shows/bubble

It features Alison Becker (parks and rec) in a leading role

5a7b84eb-f83c-4857-9dc8-9596871172ac.jpg

and has guest voices including Martin Starr (Freaks & Geeks, Party Down), Judy Greer (Archer, Arrested Development), Rob Corddry (Hot Tub Time Machine, The Daily Show, Ballers) and loads more.

Bubble, an ambitious 8-episode series from Maximum Fun, takes place right now, but someplace else. Specifically, in the Portland-ish town of Fairhaven, a literal Bubble that is (mostly!) sealed off and protected from the otherworldly beasts that live in the surrounding Brush. The show follows a small band of monster killers, led by the Brush-born Morgan (Alison Becker), as they struggle to make ends meet and find love in a nightmarish version of the gig economy.

check it out, it's good.

On 17/08/2018 at 13:01, Toe said:

I've got an idea for a podcast. Think there would be interest in a "Tales From The Crypt" episode review? 

My idea is me and a friend summarize then review an episode, then branch off and talk about other horror or pop culture stuff after. 

What do you think?

I'd definitely give it a listen.

• 2 months later...

I've just started listening to 'Let's Drink About It'. It's an american/canadian podcast, where two guys (and sometimes a guest) just tell a pretty ordinary story about their week, and then the other person has to recommend a cocktail for that specific event. Then they go off, make the cocktail, and come back and report.

So one guy went skiing and they recommended a ski lodge style drink, one guy got his zipper caught on his jacket, guest Josie Long was feeling like all her friends were having babies. Stuff like that.

I've just started it, and it's just so easy to breeze through an episode. It's warm and likeable, the hosts have those reassuring voices. It's friendly. It's basically slow tv but for podcasts.

Just warm and nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two weeks after Get Up On this finished it's 7 year run with Jensen Karp and Matt Robinson as hosts. Today a new version launched with Ali Segal and Erin Mallory Long. It was different but I was glad to have it back in my feed. I do like Ali Segal. 

I honestly can't think of a podcast where the original hosts left and new hosts came in.