Sign in to follow this  
Hobo

The General Podcast Thread

On 23/06/2019 at 22:40, GhostMachine said:

Yet the GA crew is scared of the place.

Am not. You're scared!

Beyond The Darkness have a ton of fun in their Paranormal news episodes. I've been listening to Dave and Tim since they went on the air in like 2006. They use to be a whole lot more serious than they are now.

They only started doing those when they figured out they didn't have to bring in a Creepypasta guy from YouTube to do it like they had been. Kindy screwy tbh. 

I want to listen to some of the episodes of Coast To Coast that Dan has hosted or been the guest on, but haven't done it yet.

I like Dave on Coast because they normally give him a good guest. I have a Midnight In The Desert subscription and I have no clue who books the guests there but they're mostly terrible spiritual, psychic crap. Can't remember the last one that was spooky like when it was still under Art Bell. I honestly end up throwing on an Art Bell classics stream at work sometimes still.

Basically listened to nothing but Not Another D&D Podcast this past 2 weeks. 50 episodes in and I love it. Still have no interest in actually playing D&D but listening to them role-play it is highly enjoyable.

I'd like to find a Shadowrun RP podcast. Not a D&D fan unless its the Forgotten Realms or Ravenloft settings.

14 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I'd like to find a Shadowrun RP podcast. Not a D&D fan unless its the Forgotten Realms or Ravenloft settings.

No idea what any of this means. :lol:

• Like 1

I just found 'Our Debut Album'. It's just twelve episodes (+One bonus episode) long, and it's really good.

?format=1500w

Our Debut Album is the podcast where two comedians have one hour to write a hit song. Once a month, Dave Shumka and Graham Clark of Stop Podcasting Yourself get together and write a song they hope will be a hit. After 12 months, they’ll have a debut album. You get to hear the entire songwriting process, the worst rhymes ever suggested, arguments about themes and imagery, with all the boring parts edited out.

It's really good. What I like about it is although they're comedians, they're explicitly trying to write (relatively) serious songs. This is an old podcast, so the album is long finished, and you can listen to the finished results over on Spotify after each episode, or all at once when you've finished the show. It's a fun podcast and I definitely recommend it. Also, only twelve episodes so no big commitment!

loving this at the moment:

The internet is a horrible place full of fake content, malware, pop-up ads, and street fight videos. But perhaps most importantly, it has posts. Every day, billions of people log on to talk about their lives, or to very calmly discuss politics with an equally calm and rational stranger, or to casually inform a woman all the way across the world that her stinky feet look delicious. Yes, there is no doubt that posts have made everyone's lives much worse. The sad reality is that there are so many bad posts out there; far too many to read. 

Well folks, that's where we come in. 

Report This Post is a podcast about the worst posts made by the worst people on the internet. Each week, Christian and Geiger pick a topic then scour Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, forums, blogs, and comment sections to shine light on the posts that make us laugh or call the police.

512.jpg

https://reportthispost.com/

Not that it ever went all that far downhill, but Omnibus Project has had a real return to form lately - the Droodles episode is my favourite in a long, long while.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:44 PM, GhostMachine said:

I haven't listened to Kings Falls AM in ages, due to lack of free time. The last one I listened to was the Sheriff election results special. Kind of dreading catching up since they had to recast the role of Emily Potter. 

I've been listening to this the past couple nights playing PlayStation. Love it.  I just got past Honest Abe with the ghost gatling gun.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:30, K said:

I just found 'Our Debut Album'. It's just twelve episodes (+One bonus episode) long, and it's really good.

?format=1500w

It's really good. What I like about it is although they're comedians, they're explicitly trying to write (relatively) serious songs. This is an old podcast, so the album is long finished, and you can listen to the finished results over on Spotify after each episode, or all at once when you've finished the show. It's a fun podcast and I definitely recommend it. Also, only twelve episodes so no big commitment! 

The Supergroup is another podcast that does pretty much this exact same thing.

10 hours ago, =BK= said:

I've been listening to this the past couple nights playing PlayStation. Love it.  I just got past Honest Abe with the ghost gatling gun.

That's a really good episode. One of the Mission Apparition guys is actually the person who does the music for the show.

=

12 hours ago, =BK= said:

I'm all up to date with this one and i don't feel it has dropped in quality at all. They have that massive underlying storyline with so many different arcs to it, yet they still manage to keep it all in check and you don't get lost or confused by what is going on. It's great.

I am several episodes behind due to lack of time and needing to buy new earphones.

King Falls

Spoiler

Holy fuck I want Greg Frickard to die in a fire. Lying to Emily and being so smug about it.

Edit: Oh god he took the tapes.

BK....

Juuuuuust keep listening. The payoff is worth it.

:) But won't be coming for a while yet.

On 7/31/2019 at 9:17 PM, GhostMachine said:

BK....

Hide contents

Juuuuuust keep listening. The payoff is worth it.

:) But won't be coming for a while yet.

Spoiler

Ha! I loved Emily punching Frickard. Also enjoyed him getting paintballs after he outed Sammy. Still disappointing that they keep teasing Sammy beating Frickard's ass but never go through with it.

Oh god the new Emily is not the best actress.

I'm behind on episodes, so haven't been able to notice the change yet, but Omnibus Project have left IHeartRadio to go independent, and launched a Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/omnibusproject

A lot of things (podcasts and webcomics) are doing Patreon now. There are even some podcasts you have to subscribe to through Patreon just to listen to (There's a True Crime one like that), while some are behind the scenes extras. I do have a Patreon account, but all I did with it was subscribe to one webcomic's Patreon briefly. 

They've released a new King Falls AM poster, which is available through their website's shop. You can get one signed by the cast for about $3.00 more than the unsigned one. I'm sorely tempted to order one when I have some disposable income. I want a King Falls AM cap, but all they have for clothing is a few different t-shirts....

I'm gonna get one of the shirts shortly. 

23 hours ago, =BK= said:

Oh god the new Emily is not the best actress.

I did like the way they worked around why she sounded different.