General Podcast Thread

Hobo

• 3 weeks later...

I'd suggest the Losers' Club podcast for any horror fans, which looks at various Stephen King films, TV shows and books.

EDIT: Forgot that they're currently remastering the back catalogue, so not everything is available atm. In the meantime, I'd suggest their spin-off show Halloweenies chronicling the Halloween franchise.

Edited by Tyrone

Found out that a different actor is going to be playing Emily Potter when KING FALLS AM starts back up.

Not sure how I feel about that, since Emily is one of my favorite characters. Will have to wait and see ...make that hear....when the show returns.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ten years after podcasting got big, the BBC has decided it might be time to create a centralised app to access its radio and podcasting content. The BBC Sounds app was released sometime last year, but I've only just started messing with it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/46017079

It's good. They've got three seasons and some specials of the Horne Section live shows which are great, and I've got a lot of other stuff lined up to listen to. Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Newest episode of Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend is Conan and Stephen Colbert. I can’t imagine that being a bad episode. 

EDIT: It was good, but you could tell it was just scratching the surface.

• Like 2

Just now, C-MIL said:

It has a few funny moments, but holy shit is it a psychological deep dive. These guys are some driven dudes.

It was really good, I thought, but also that may be because I felt like a lot of the deep dive stuff resonated with me. Like I said in my edit, though, it really feels like it's only just scratching the surface in terms of what these two could sit and talk about; it's a shame the podcast is only about an hour long and not, like, 3 hours. I could listen to 3 hours of a psychological deep dive with both those dudes, honestly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid of it. Ron Burgundy has legs as a movie character and occasional appearance, I don't know if Ron Burgundy can carry a podcast.

5 hours ago, K said:

Did you guys know will Ferrell has a podcast where he is in character as Ron Burgundy? Gonna give it a listen later.

I hear about 10 ads a day for it(On the actual radio which is kinda weird) so yes, I'm aware.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else listening to Running From Cops?

It's from Dan Teberski who previously did Missing Richard Simmons and Surviving Y2K and it's a really great step back at the COPS television show, and the problems with it - he interviews the creators, cops who have been on it, suspects who have been on it, people who have litigated cases from it, etc. Really great listen and it's still running currently.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to "Pretending to be people"

https://twitter.com/pretendingpod?lang=en

Anyone know of any other horror RPG podcasts? The other RPG casts I've seen do the typical fantasy setting.

I haven't listened to Kings Falls AM in ages, due to lack of free time. The last one I listened to was the Sheriff election results special. Kind of dreading catching up since they had to recast the role of Emily Potter. 

All my podcasts seem to be going by the wayside of spending time hating on the thing they are meant to be being passionate about.

Someone help me find new ones that are more positive about things

Looking for stuff covering console gaming, music (would like something that looks into "making of" rather than just saying what people like or don't like), blockbuster movies, general popular TV, wrestling (non-WWE) and something covering news/social issues that tries to stay reasonably neutral and keeps it brief.

Generally I like finding out about how these things are made as much as the things themselves.

20 minutes ago, Benji said:

All my podcasts seem to be going by the wayside of spending time hating on the thing they are meant to be being passionate about.

Someone help me find new ones that are more positive about things

Looking for stuff covering console gaming, music (would like something that looks into "making of" rather than just saying what people like or don't like), blockbuster movies, general popular TV, wrestling (non-WWE) and something covering news/social issues that tries to stay reasonably neutral and keeps it brief.

Generally I like finding out about how these things are made as much as the things themselves.

For games, you might enjoy Cane and Rinse. It's a family of podcasts that has a series that focuses on a different game each week (Cane and Rinse Podcast), another about game soundtracks (Sound of Play and another that focuses on development (The Sausage Factory). The quality tends to vary with the Cane and Rinse Podcast, depending on the chemistry between the rotating set of contributors, but it's a no-frills setup that tends to be quite pleasant. There's already a back catalogue of over 300 previous episodes, and they haven't really aged because the games they talk about are from all kinds of eras.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@=BK= I've started listening to Last Podcast On The Left after seeing your recommendation a while ago and I'm loving it. Its both funny and interesting. I've heard Jonestown, HH Holmes, Leonard Lake & Charles Ng, The Donner Party, Carl Panzram and Son Of Sam. Can you recommend any other, preferably funny, episodes?

• Like 2