General Podcast Thread

Hobo

loving this at the moment:

The internet is a horrible place full of fake content, malware, pop-up ads, and street fight videos. But perhaps most importantly, it has posts. Every day, billions of people log on to talk about their lives, or to very calmly discuss politics with an equally calm and rational stranger, or to casually inform a woman all the way across the world that her stinky feet look delicious. Yes, there is no doubt that posts have made everyone's lives much worse. The sad reality is that there are so many bad posts out there; far too many to read. 

Well folks, that's where we come in. 

Report This Post is a podcast about the worst posts made by the worst people on the internet. Each week, Christian and Geiger pick a topic then scour Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, forums, blogs, and comment sections to shine light on the posts that make us laugh or call the police.

512.jpg

https://reportthispost.com/

Not that it ever went all that far downhill, but Omnibus Project has had a real return to form lately - the Droodles episode is my favourite in a long, long while.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:44 PM, GhostMachine said:

I haven't listened to Kings Falls AM in ages, due to lack of free time. The last one I listened to was the Sheriff election results special. Kind of dreading catching up since they had to recast the role of Emily Potter. 

I've been listening to this the past couple nights playing PlayStation. Love it.  I just got past Honest Abe with the ghost gatling gun.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:30, K said:

I just found 'Our Debut Album'. It's just twelve episodes (+One bonus episode) long, and it's really good.

?format=1500w

It's really good. What I like about it is although they're comedians, they're explicitly trying to write (relatively) serious songs. This is an old podcast, so the album is long finished, and you can listen to the finished results over on Spotify after each episode, or all at once when you've finished the show. It's a fun podcast and I definitely recommend it. Also, only twelve episodes so no big commitment! 

The Supergroup is another podcast that does pretty much this exact same thing.

10 hours ago, =BK= said:

I've been listening to this the past couple nights playing PlayStation. Love it.  I just got past Honest Abe with the ghost gatling gun.

That's a really good episode. One of the Mission Apparition guys is actually the person who does the music for the show.

=

12 hours ago, =BK= said:

I'm all up to date with this one and i don't feel it has dropped in quality at all. They have that massive underlying storyline with so many different arcs to it, yet they still manage to keep it all in check and you don't get lost or confused by what is going on. It's great.

King Falls

Spoiler

Holy fuck I want Greg Frickard to die in a fire. Lying to Emily and being so smug about it.

Edit: Oh god he took the tapes.

On 7/31/2019 at 9:17 PM, GhostMachine said:

BK....

Hide contents

Juuuuuust keep listening. The payoff is worth it.

:) But won't be coming for a while yet.

Spoiler

Ha! I loved Emily punching Frickard. Also enjoyed him getting paintballs after he outed Sammy. Still disappointing that they keep teasing Sammy beating Frickard's ass but never go through with it.

I'm behind on episodes, so haven't been able to notice the change yet, but Omnibus Project have left IHeartRadio to go independent, and launched a Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/omnibusproject

A lot of things (podcasts and webcomics) are doing Patreon now. There are even some podcasts you have to subscribe to through Patreon just to listen to (There's a True Crime one like that), while some are behind the scenes extras. I do have a Patreon account, but all I did with it was subscribe to one webcomic's Patreon briefly. 

They've released a new King Falls AM poster, which is available through their website's shop. You can get one signed by the cast for about $3.00 more than the unsigned one. I'm sorely tempted to order one when I have some disposable income. I want a King Falls AM cap, but all they have for clothing is a few different t-shirts....

i don't know why the original voice actress left, but if she ever decides to return, I'm all for it. 

Also, I've seen a few fan theories on the identity of Mister X. (The conspiracy theory guy who calls in and sounds like he's in an iron lung or on a breathing machine) The wildest guess is that its actually Granny Frickard! lol.

(At least no one's guessed its Mayor Grisham. That would be stupid.)

Edited by GhostMachine

Spoiler

Why is everyone so scared of Robo Tim? Actual Tim has physically fought the thing and Troy wolloped it once. It's not exactly a Terminator. 

1 hour ago, =BK= said:
  Hide contents

Why is everyone so scared of Robo Tim? Actual Tim has physically fought the thing and Troy wolloped it once. It's not exactly a Terminator. 

I'm going to assume this is rhetorical and I shall not answer this question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...