The Persona Franchise

gunnar hendershow

I finished the game last night after pumping 95 hours into it. I didn't take my time but I didn't rush either.

Be prepared for the final section of the game stretching out about 20 hours longer than you'd think. I sat down for a session thinking I was about to complete the game...six hours later I realised there was still a big chunk of game left.

Not sure whether I preferred it to Persona 4 but P5 definitely has a slot in my top ten games of all-time.

• Like 1

95 hours? Damn. I am at about 30-40 and I'm only on the second palace.

I wanna keep getting my rank up with the doctor, but I need to be more charming :( So many skills I want to rank up and so many social links I want to build....but never enough time. 

I concentrated more on the social stats to begin with, maxed them out, and then moved onto the social links. I managed to finish most of the ones I really wanted to but I think I only got about half of the ones that don't rank up naturally as the story progresses.

The doctor is a good one to do because she'll give you a 50% discount on the items she sells. She sells an accessory called a SP Adhesive 3 which will give the equipped character 7 SP back each turn. They're 50,000 each with the discount and they make dungeon crawling so much easier.

Right now I think I'm going to leave it a couple of months (I have a ton of games to play) and then go back and do a platinum run.

9 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I concentrated more on the social stats to begin with, maxed them out, and then moved onto the social links. I managed to finish most of the ones I really wanted to but I think I only got about half of the ones that don't rank up naturally as the story progresses.

The doctor is a good one to do because she'll give you a 50% discount on the items she sells. She sells an accessory called a SP Adhesive 3 which will give the equipped character 7 SP back each turn. They're 50,000 each with the discount and they make dungeon crawling so much easier.

Right now I think I'm going to leave it a couple of months (I have a ton of games to play) and then go back and do a platinum run.

I actually have that!

I heard a trick: On Mementos bosses, you can confuse them. SOmetimes when they are confused they throw out money. Like....28k at a time.Managed to get that one, the HP one, AND I had enough over to pay the 100k to the fortune teller.

• 2 weeks later...

Third Palace Boss...

Spoiler

Looks like Paul Bearer in that suit.

Fucking amazing game so far. The only thing it's missing is Naoto Shirogane.

@Jake O. Rhodes is there a new game+? What do you keep?

I believe you keep the skills that you've levelled up, but not relationships.. I may be wrong there though as I'm going off memory of previous games that is years old and things could have changed.

Playing this with the girlfriend is murdering me - haha. Although pacing myself is nice I guess, I could easily sit on this all day but at this rate I'm only 18 hours in and part way through the second palace. There was a HUGE span where I had no freedom that was mildly annoying - I remembered where I was with P4 at one point where the exposition was going way over the top to explain a game mechanic that was obvious, but I still adore the damn series even when it does that.

• Like 1

There are points where you lose like a week or two due to story, which sucks...but then you get to summer break and it's like "What the fuck do I do with all my spare time?!"

Since having a baby I've not been able to play too much....but I just finished the 4th palace and the story is about to move forward. Such a fantastic game. 

On 2017-4-26 at 00:13, OctoberRavenO said:

Third Palace Boss...

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like Paul Bearer in that suit.

Fucking amazing game so far. The only thing it's missing is Naoto Shirogane.

@Jake O. Rhodes is there a new game+? What do you keep?

There is a new game+. I've started one but not put any time into it yet.

From what I remember you keep your social stats (knowledge, charm, etc), money, equipment, persona compendium, and special items gained through maximising social links. However you don't keep social links themselves.

You're not, from what I've read. But there is a cutscene that happens in endgame if you have more than one.

Also, I went with the doctor. She's awesome.

Also

Spoiler

Probably unintentional but lol the bad guy is basically Donald Trump

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apsham said:

Due to that Ruki post I looked up the romance options.

What the hell.

Spoiler

The teacher, right?

Even if you don't romance her, her rank 10 ability is giving you a massage you so can still have a night action when you go into a Palace or Momentos.

She does this in her maid uniform no less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OctoberRavenO said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Hot damn that's a good ability! Me playing this with the girlfriend has just gotten a lot more interesting. :shifty:

1 hour ago, Apsham said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I messed up that romance option. Got her up to rank 9. I still want that damn ability! Best in the game. I also have Mishima up to 9 as well...Ryuji is 7 or 8.

Probably gonna romance Mokoto (if I can get charm to 5) and Futaba as well. 

But! I do have rank 10 Death now. Which means I can fuse Alice!

You can still get the ability regardless of romance, Ruki.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

You can still get the ability regardless of romance, Ruki.

I stopped playing just before answering a text from her :D

Managed to go through the 5th dungeon (I think? The space one) in one go. Just need to leave the calling card. But oh man, was it close. Low on SP, HP and supplies. Left the dungeon with about 400k, after upgrading armor and buying a ton of healing, I have about 150.