The Persona Franchise

gunnar hendershow

I think by missing golden you are going to miss: an additional Persona line (Jester), an additional scene/area (I think they go to a ski resort), and I think that's about it.

But yeah, that is a great gift. Some of the best games ever.

I've looked it up on GameFAQs and Reddit. Apparently there are quite a lot minor changes. You get 2 new social links, some night time interactions, the new area, some scenes are voiced that weren't voiced on PS2. I'm still looking forward to P4 but I hope that they'll eventually re-release the golden version.

And I've started to play the first Persona. Didn't pay attention when that one guy told me in which direction the hospital was and got immediately lost because the entire damn town looks the same.

• 4 months later...

SimplyGames. @Liam

The game doesn't really open up until about the 5 hour mark, everything before that is setting up the story and teaching you how to play the game. You can fast forward through any scene but I didn't want to miss anything in my first playthrough.

Put about 8 hours into the game and I've not cleared the first dungeon yet but I think I'm getting close.

The game is stylish as fuck and anyone who loves Persona will love this. I'm not sure if it'll top Persona 4 yet but it's knocking on the door.

It's pretty similar, but it has been improved on.

The simple stealth mechanic adds interest to the dungeon crawling and the dungeons are more 3D because you need to jump and climb at certain points.

Battles are much the same except you now need to knock monsters down (using weaknesses) and talk to them to gain new Personas.

Edited by Jake O. Rhodes

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/04/persona-5-blocks-ps4-share-features-atlus-threatens-copyright-strikes-for-late-game-streaming

So apparently Atlus are are saying that if youtubers and streamers stream or post late-game content they "do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension" because they don't want the plot of the game to be spoiled for people who haven't played it yet. Also the content share function of the PS4 has been disabled for the game. They know that this won't work, right? They have to know that there are a lot of people who will see this threat as an invitation to spoil the shit out of the game. And according to Jim Sterling's video about this they are already doing it. Haven't they heard of the Streisand effect?

On a related note: Watch out for spoilers on all social media platforms.

Finished the first dungeon and my first exam period...I got all the questions right (I think?), but Morgana said I took too long and will likely have a lower score. My knowledge was still at rank 1 (only have charm and guts at 2), even though I was trying really hard to study :(

I now have everythign at rank 2, except for guts which I have at 3. I'm on June 10th now I believe. Still fantastic! But still never enough time to do all the things that I want to!

Also, the whole 'Nightmaids' scene and follow up stuff has been fantastic.

I'm about five hours in.

Spoiler

I started playing it with my girlfriend who has never seen a Persona game and both of us were pretty instantly drawn in - to the point where it's almost upsetting because now I feel compelled to play it only when she's around. Not because she asked but to save myself from having to explain everything that has happened in the time since she last saw where I was, aha.

In game time 5 hours makes me only about a week in - I've opened up the whole 'you can do whatever you want' aspect and did the first day of that, making it a bit over half way into the castle if Mona is accurate.