2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

Didn't somebody mention Liverpool could sue.him to get back the wages while he's suspended?

Presumably they can just fine him.

Didn't we get him shortly after one of his other suspensions too? I seem to remember giving him some grief.

.... and Brad Davis gets the start .... oy

I am way, way, way more concerned about Omar Gonzalez vs. Germany. We probably needed to make a couple subs anyway just because of Manaus.

To be honest, I really hope Michael Bradley repays Klinsmann for starting him after he was awful the two prior games. I almost wanted it to be Diskerud starting instead.

If they did appeal and he played vs. Columbia, I could see the ban being extended.

Brench made a good point earlier, Suarez didn't even think he'd done anything wrong. That makes things even worse, IMO.

• Like 5

To be honest, I don't think there's a major gulf between Brooks and Omar. Two CBs who are good in the air and make a lot of mental errors.

also, relevant to EWB's interests: ESPN just showed a dramatic video about how Clint Dempsey is Just a Kid From Nagadoches, Texas, the Small Gritty Middle-of-Nowhere Town Where a Thing From Blood Meridian Happened.

• Like 2

I hope she has.

I wish I had but Baltimore/DC don't really have much going on, which is weird since the DC/Baltimore market has been getting the highest ratings on average for the entire World Cup. Largely, I'm sure, because of the amount of immigrants in and around DC.

They showed a huge meet up somewhere in DC just a few moments ago on ESPN.