2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

:/ They saying the Arena Corinthians won't be used in the World Cup. And there goes billions of public taxes.

I have a weird feeling that the final will be Brazil vs. Argentina and Argentina will win 2-1, with a Messi brace.

Edited by RafaelFms

• Admin

Who are you referring to with 'they'?

It's literally just happened, so let's wait and see what is announced once the dust has settled. Although I imagine you're probably right. Brazil actually only needs eight venues but elected to bid with twelve. So it'll just be a matter or replanning the logistics of the opening ceremony.

I hope when fifa come and ask us to host the world cup because Brazil isn't ready that we tell them to fuck off.

Also isn't 6 months before the event a bit late to have the venues ready, if they don't then it's too late for all the fans that have booked flights and shit

I hope when fifa come and ask us to host the world cup because Brazil isn't ready that we tell them to fuck off.

Also isn't 6 months before the event a bit late to have the venues ready, if they don't then it's too late for all the fans that have booked flights and shit

Well, there aren't really a lot of foreigners coming to the World Cup. More than half of the tickets have been bought by brazilians already, and if the World Cup stays here, that number will improve. Therefore, the fans with 'booked flights and shit' won't be a tough task to handle. And England would need 1 month to get organized for the World Cup. The country has the stadiums, the airports, everything. The problem is all the brazilians that have bought their tickets and won't be able to fly to England.

Edited by RafaelFms

• Admin
Pictures from Brazilian media, including the website of newspaper Estadao, show structural damage at the Arena Corinthians, with part of a roof having fallen away to the ground and with a crane also felled and damage caused to another stand.
Corinthians, the club that will move into the stadium, issued a short statement on their website that said: "The board of Sport Club Corinthians Paulista deeply regrets the accident earlier in Corinthians Arena.
"(There is) no other information at this time." Estadao quoted a police officer, Mauro Lopes, as saying it was believed there were three fatalities.

In comparison to the 2010 World Cup (who had 310,000 foreigners and was regarded as one of the times few foreign people came to the cup) and Germany (who had 2 million foreigners), yes, it is a small bit.

Edited by RafaelFms