EWB's Favorite TV Shows 2013: The Voting Thread

GoGo Yubari

Kill la Kill is set at Honnouji Academy (本能字学園 Honnōji Gakuen?), a fictional high school in Tokyo Bay set in post-apocalyptic Japan that is dominated by its fearsome student council, led by Satsuki Kiryuin. The council members wear special uniforms called Goku Uniforms (極制服gokuseifuku?, lit. high quality uniform, from gokusei + seifuku) that grant them superhuman abilities, which they use to oppress the rest of the school's students and staff. Ryuko Matoi, a student wielding half a scissor-shaped longsword, transfers to Honnouji Academy in search of the owner of the other half of the scissor blade, the person who killed her father. Defeated by the council after interrogating Satsuki over the killer's identity and whereabouts, Ryuko comes across a sentient sailor uniform she names Senketsu, who puts himself on Ryuko. Using Senketsu's special abilities, Ryuko stands up against Satsuki and her henchmen, the Elite Four (四天王 shitennō?), to liberate Honnouji Academy from their iron grip and find out the truth behind her father's murder.

Holy cow, that sounds ridiculous and amazing. I want to watch it over and over.

Kill la Kill is set at Honnouji Academy (本能字学園 Honnōji Gakuen?), a fictional high school in Tokyo Bay set in post-apocalyptic Japan that is dominated by its fearsome student council, led by Satsuki Kiryuin. The council members wear special uniforms called Goku Uniforms (極制服gokuseifuku?, lit. high quality uniform, from gokusei + seifuku) that grant them superhuman abilities, which they use to oppress the rest of the school's students and staff. Ryuko Matoi, a student wielding half a scissor-shaped longsword, transfers to Honnouji Academy in search of the owner of the other half of the scissor blade, the person who killed her father. Defeated by the council after interrogating Satsuki over the killer's identity and whereabouts, Ryuko comes across a sentient sailor uniform she names Senketsu, who puts himself on Ryuko. Using Senketsu's special abilities, Ryuko stands up against Satsuki and her henchmen, the Elite Four (四天王 shitennō?), to liberate Honnouji Academy from their iron grip and find out the truth behind her father's murder.

Holy cow, that sounds ridiculous and amazing. I want to watch it over and over.

It is both of those things.

1. Arrow

2. The Walking Dead

3. Misfits

4. Supernatural

5. The League

6. American Horror Story

7. Teen Wolf

8. Justified

9. Community

10. The Vampire Diaries

11. Franklin And Bash

12. Dexter

13. The Big Bang Theory

14. Shameless (US)

15. How I Met Your Mother

1. Breaking Bad
2. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
3. Game of Thrones
4. A Young Doctor's Notebook
5. Hannibal
6. Black Mirror
7. Hello Ladies
8. The Moaning of Life
9. Masters of Sex
10. South Park
11. The Goldbergs
12. The Daily Show
13. The Newsroom
14. Parks and Recreation
15. Whose Line is it Anyway

I always find it tough to remember what came out this year or what came out earlier. Part of the problem is that I don't have an aerial and so just watch on demand stuff and DVDs (so I'm really into The Wire and Rome this year).

Aaaaanyway, I apologise if I list something that shouldn't be there.

1. Luther

2. Black Mirror

3. Vikings

4. Person of Interest

5. Toast of London

6. Masterchef: The Professionals (UK)

7. QI

8. Bluestone 42

9. Bargain Hunt

10. What Happens in Kavos

1. Breaking Bad
2. Mad Men