The General 2014 Music Festival Thread For Music Festival Chat

K

It is, but it makes for a great time and an interesting mix of fans. Two of the headliners have a lot of history with Bonnaroo (Jack White, Kanye) and Elton is fucking Elton John. It's going to be amazing. For my money, that line-up beats most other US festivals announced so far. I'll take Kanye over OutKast any day.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a stellar group of headliners, especially when you factor in that many festivals this year are running the same top card except switching out a couple of names. I mean, fuck, this is Elton's first major US festival appearance, ever. That's big. Kanye's return to the farm? FUCK! Jack White in his hometown (more or less), headlining Bonnaroo? I'll take it.

I am slightly jealous of Coachella booking Muse, though.

Looks like Russian Circles are headlining ArcTanGent alongside And So I Watch You From Afar, Jamie Lenman and Tera Melos as the other 'big' names announced.

I'll be damned if I survive any of that.

Man, Russian Circles are awesome live. Have you seen them before? I saw them a few years ago warming up for Boris, in a tiny tiny venue with about 50-60 people. They were crazy and really loud. And to think that Boris made an even better show.

• 3 months later...

So, Hellfest was flipping amazing. Best festival I've ever been to.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. I'd never even heard of Jabberwocky but £60 for James Blake, Darkside, Deafheaven, Neutral Milk Hotel, Caribou, Kurt Vile, Electric Wizard, Cloud Nothings, Speedy Ortiz and Metz is incredible. I'll need to remember the name for next year.

Ooh, that is really, really good. Might copy you and remember for next year too.