Formula One 2014

Lineker

God dammit Crashtor, you are the biggest knob in F1 right now.

I am really starting to wonder if the money he brings in outweighs the price of replacement cars.

Considering the government has limited his funding, I really doubt it.

They need to get someone who can actually drive a fucking car, one that might get some high positions and get money that way.

Also, close call from van der Garde yesterday when his brake decided to asplode on the first turn, he did very well avoiding the wall and a collision.

Crashtor Maldonado strikes again. As the commentators pointed out he wouldn't have crashed if he'd just continued the spin. Instead the stupid pillock tried to correct his position by turning the wheel the opposite way and as a result hit the wall, which he wasn't on course to hit until that point. He really is a muppet behind the wheel of a racing car isn't he?

Also like to point out, you're told what you should do if you're about to crash when you're learning to drive a standard car (IIRC, it was a possible question in the theory test I took 18 months ago). This man is a fucking professional racer and he doesn't even know that!

I thought Nico had pole in the bag after Q1 and Q2 but Lewis somehow pulled it out right at the last moment. The long runs looked very good for Lewis on Friday but it will be all about the start and the first corner to see who's favourite for the win. Ricciardo impressed again but with him being a second behind, it really does look like two separate races again.

There was a test today at Barcelona. Want to guess who ended up P1? And no, it wasn't a Mercedes.

It wasn't a Red Bull either. Ferrari? No. Williams? No. Lotus or McLaren? No.

Max Chilton in his Marussia. :lol:

Kimi would of just death stared the Red Bull and the engine would have died.

• Like 2

Ooo tension between Rosberg and Hamilton after Rosberg's mistake or should that read "mistake".

No need for the inverted commas there, as they pointed out on Sky F1 Rosberg actually moved the car past the point that would have guaranteed yellow flags. Also, Hamilton's aborted lap was actually slower than Nico's pole lap up to the point where Hamilton had to abandon his run. Sadly I have a horrible feeling that the stewards will once again intervene and Hamilton will be given the pole anyway. It'll be interesting to see the reaction on Sky if that does happen as they were calling Rosberg's victory "a hollow pole". Surely if Hamilton starts on pole tomorrow despite not actually being the fastest car then that's no less hollow?

Ooo tension between Rosberg and Hamilton after Rosberg's mistake or should that read "mistake".

No need for the inverted commas there, as they pointed out on Sky F1 Rosberg actually moved the car past the point that would have guaranteed yellow flags. Also, Hamilton's aborted lap was actually slower than Nico's pole lap up to the point where Hamilton had to abandon his run. Sadly I have a horrible feeling that the stewards will once again intervene and Hamilton will be given the pole anyway. It'll be interesting to see the reaction on Sky if that does happen as they were calling Rosberg's victory "a hollow pole". Surely if Hamilton starts on pole tomorrow despite not actually being the fastest car then that's no less hollow?

Nico was 1.5 tenths down on his best lap while Lewis was 2 tenths up with his strongest sector to come.

I don't believe that Nico did it deliberately but Lewis obviously does and that could make T1 interesting, providing Nico keeps pole.

It actually looks as if Rosberg is under investigation because he reversed back out of the escape road as Lewis was approaching on his hot-lap. If that is the case, then he probably should be penalised. There was no time left in the session and so he should have waited until everyone had passed before reversing out. I still don't think that the initial 'mistake' was deliberate though.

It's a controversial decision, but on balance I think it's probably the right one. Nico said during the post-race interviews that he was very clear the race telemetry data would clear him, plus several ex-drivers who know Rosberg have said it "isn't in him" to do that to his team-mate. The race is going to extremely interesting tomorrow.

On a side note, Hamilton's behaviour after the race was pretty damn pathetic. I get that he feels aggrieved and he probably has every right to, but he came across like a petulant child whose favourite toy had just been taken away from him

Turn 1 could be interesting, will Ricciardo get amongst them or just sit back and wait for the inevitable incident. In the last four races, Lewis has started well while Rosberg has struggled. If that happens tomorrow, Lewis could take P1 and this might all be forgotten.