Formula One 2014

Lineker

Fabulous to see that podium. Ricciardo looked on for the win after the first safety car but he produced one good overtake on Alonso and a superb one on Lewis to grab the victory. Fully deserved. Great drive by Fernando aswell.

Hands up who saw Lewis finishing ahead of Nico without Rosberg retiring? Nope, neither did I. Fantastic drive by Lewis. Especially as the car didn't have so much of an advantage compared to last week. I'm guessing the team order was to try and give Nico a chance to win the race but nobody can really blame Hamilton for needing to keep Nico behind. One of these two are going to be the WDC and so they need to fight like crazy for every single position.

11 points difference heading into the Summer Break and is the luck starting to tilt towards Hamilton? He's had more retirements and general car problems but the safety car came out at the wrong time for Nico today. It might be starting to even itself out. I can't split them at the moment, and it's almost certainly going to come down to double points at Abu Dhabi. I can't wait!

• Admin

All that can be said is dat race!

In amusing news away from Hungary, Former Formula 1 team boss Flavio Briatore is to be involved in a new working group being set up by Bernie Ecclestone to look at ways of making the sport more popular.

Quite rightly so, they're fighting for a world championship and no other drivers are going to challenge them.

• Like 1

The thing is, Nico didn't even try and force his way past. He didn't get within 0.8 secs of Hamilton and would have needed to be within half of that to make a move. At no point did Rosberg look as though he was close enough to pass. Yes, he cruised up behind Hamilton but had Lewis let him through, he would have lost vital time himself and Nico would have ended up increasing his championship lead.

One of the two Mercedes drivers are going to win the World Championship and the team were incredibly stupid to ask Lewis to move over. I think it's also significant that neither Lowe or Wolff gave the order. They were still trying to apologise to Lewis after the problem on Saturday and didn't want to fuck him over again.

Prost and Senna, Piquet and Mansell, Lauda and Prost, Fangio and Moss, Alonso and Hamilton, Webber and Vettel, Coulthard and Hakkinen, Schekter and Villeneuve... So yeah, lots of times

Jos Verstappen's 17 year old son has signed with Red Bull for their junior team, and will be racing for Toro Rosso next season.