MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Oh it looks like he is going to the Braves. Gross

Bonifacio went in that trade too. Got 20 year old catcher Victor Caratini out of it, who was the 2nd-round pick for the Braves last year.

It's a forward looking move. Caratini's been playing pretty well in the Braves' Class A system, and if he keeps on course he could easily be a starting catcher on the main roster in a few years. It's going to take a few years, but if all of these prospects hold up we'll be looking at a revitalized Cubs team that could be a contender again.

• Like 1

lol mets

I don't mind the Stephen Drew acquisition. He's had a rough season so far, but he also didn't get to play until like a month ago, so I'll call his first 40 games his spring training. He's fine for playing third (they said he may play second although he's never done that before...) and short when Jeter needs to rest.

I love the Prado pick up though. The guy can play any position on the field, but catcher. Reeeeeally loved that pick up.

I'm a fan of Prado, and was kinda hoping the Jays would make a run at him. The Yankees make some decent moves but don't really address any of their most pressing needs.

I think the AL East is Toronto and Baltimore in no particular order, and I think the Jays will pick up a starter in August. Maybe Bartolo Colon? Probably an arm for the bullpen too.

Reeeeeeeeeealllly don't like Prado going to the Yankees. He plays 7 positions.

Finally they have depth somewhere other than DL.

• Like 3

For blowing up their entire starting rotation (except for Buchholz), the Red Sox did pretty well in return. I'm shocked they landed Cespedes, I love this trade. I'm hoping the Sox will make a run at Lester in the offseason, bring him back. Just give the man 5 years, $125M - we can afford that.

And unless Price gets a career ending injury within the next 12-18 months, the Rays probably made one of the worst deals in recent history. And if that's the best they can afford to bring in return, it really speaks as to whether Tampa Bay deserves a team or not.

Here's the pitching stats for the Chicago White Sox in their game against Texas tonight.

Chicago White Sox PITCHERS IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

John Danks (L,9-7) 4.2 8 9 9 5 5 4 4.93

Maikel Cleto 1.1 1 1 1 0 1 1 5.28

Andre Rienzo 1.0 5 4 4 0 2 0 6.58

Eric Surkamp 1.0 2 1 1 1 0 0 7.94

Adam Dunn 1.0 2 1 1 1 0 0 9.00

Wait a minute, Adam Dunn?

Here's the pitching stats for the Chicago White Sox in their game against Texas tonight.

Wait a minute, Adam Dunn?

I guess they figured since he is so great at racking up strikeouts...

Going to a Nationals game tomorrow night. It'll be the first time in their stadium. Of course they're playing the Pirates, and McCutchen is on the DL. :(

Take a tour of the stadium, then just drink until you can't feel feelings anymore.

I'd tell Srar to do the same thing if she goes to Wrigley soon, but it'd just be a bunch of "YOU SONS A BITCHES, WHY DON'T YOU EVER WIN ANYTHING?! OR CALL ME?! AND I LOVE BATISTA!" Probably more entertaining than the game proper, but her poor liver can only do so much.