MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I don't get why the Cubs want to trade Samardzija. He is an amazing young player who wants to play for us. Keep him!

He is 30. Plus, they are still a few years away from contending.

The price the Cubs asked from the Jays last season was Stroman and Aaron Sanchez.

The problem with the Cubs is that they are constantly rebuilding. Jeff Samardazilla is just like Aramis Ramirez who was just like Mark Grace who was just like Sammy Sosa who was just like Sandberg. For far too long, the Cubs try to rest the team on one or two guys instead of creating a core of peeps. They're the anti-Cardinals.

Still love 'em, though.

• Like 1

If the Cubs find a suitor for Samardzija they should take it. Pitchers can drop off at any time once they hit 30. We've seen this before, teams hold on to assets for too long or teams trade for stars who give them one year and then fall off the face of the earth. If Cubs find a bad GM or a team that is certain he is the missing piece (See Orioles, Baltimore) then they should deal him. At this point I'm 100% in the "trade Bundy" camp if it nets the O's a top-of-the-line starter for this year and next.

Toronto media reports that this is the latest (yes, latest. Also why I noted Toronto media) that the Jays have been in first place in the AL East since July 6, 2000. :rolleyes:

Been playing great in May though, just hoping they can hold it through the summer months :happy: Got tickets to the game next Saturday, so looking forward to that at least. Today was the first day the dome was open all season so far as well :(Y):

Good for him indeed. Didn't see that one coming today when I looked at that game/pitching matchup yesterday.

Might be his time to get his shit together and help the Dodgers win a Pennant.

Also, probably been mentioned but a big sweep for Toronto today over the A's got a series with Tampa next, then KC.

Edit: Put $25 on Samardzija to end his 16 game win-less streak and the Cubs win today :)

Edited by Cole

Minutes after he blew yet another game, the Mets announced Jose Valverde was released. Took them long enough.

They also fired hitting coach Dave Hudgens after weeks of anemic offense. I'd like to think it'll make a difference, but it probably won't. I'm not sure I can be sold on brighter days truly being ahead for the Mets until they swing a trade for a legit power bat.

• Like 1

AJ Ellis (Dodgers catcher) is on the DL. Ankle sprain. Best part? He injured himself celebrating Beckett's no hitter. :lol:

• Like 2

I find it amazing that Papa Grande continues to get signed by teams.

More amazing that those teams think they should put him in the closer role.

Valverde's Mets tenure was a weird one. He was meant to be the 8th inning guy but when Parnell went down on Opening Day he became the closer. He was actually really good for a couple of weeks but his blown save in Anaheim basically killed his confidence dead. He was the 7th man in the bullpen for the past month, basically a a mop-up guy. He got pressed in to a close game today because Mejia was unavailable having pitched in both games of the double header yesterday, plus Dice-K started yesterday. So they basically had only a 5 man bullpen today and had to use him. Good riddance.

The guy replacing him on the roster, Vic Black, has had the weirdest couple of days ever. Flown in to New York from Vegas on Saturday to be the 26th man on the roster for Sunday's double header, flew to El Paso this morning to rejoin the Triple A team for their next series, and now he has to fly back to New York again.