MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

Seems like a solid move to me considering San Diego is a shithole for batters. I can see Headley putting up modest numbers but nothing that's earth shattering. Now if only our starting pitching can recover while we try to stay in the playoff hunt then we can give Jeter a proper sendoff. :)

Edited by Lenny DYSItra

Cubs activated Emilio Bonifacio from the DL, recalled Kyle Hendricks from AAA, optioned Zac Rosscup to AAA, and designated Darwin Barney for assignment.

Encarnacion being out is huge, but he might be ready to go this time next week. Same with Lind. Not sure how much longer Lawrie is expected to be out for.

At this point, I'm guessing the Jays don't add any big name guys, but maybe a veteran or two they can get for cash or a prospect to be named later.

I can't believe it has taken me twenty seven years to understand the pageantry of baseball. Now I can't get enough of it, so much so I even play now!

Also, in case anyone remembers me asking for a team to route for and being pointed towards the Rays, I've ended up routing for the Angels. I kept watching just to see Trout play and just ended up cheering on the Angels. Pain in the ass time wise because the games are so late but I can catch them on MLB.tv and only occasionally does Twitter ruin the result for me!

On that note, thank God the Orioles didn't sweep them.