MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

The Cubs have a mascot.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24408433/cubs-announce-new-mascot-clark-a-young-friendly-cub

He's awesome. As a kid I thought the Oriole Bird and the Phillie Phanatic were the coolest things ever.

I actually like it. He's certainly no Fredbird, though.

Also had an opt out clause after the 5th year, meaning he could void the contract at 30 and probably get another monster of a deal

The Kershaw deal isn't actually bad for either side. He's only 25, and he's already the best pitcher in the game (take your Verlander and suck it), the best Dodger pitcher since... well, Koufax (blasphemy!). It's not that much more than Verlander,

Now, if they sign Tanaka... Kershaw - Greinke - Ryu - Tanaka - Beckett/Billingsley/whoever...

That would mean the Dodgers have, arguably, three-four number ones.

And, no, I don't give a fuck. The Dodgers haven't won anything in over 25 years, if they have the money, they need to spend that shit, call us Yankees west, our fanbase is definitely less annoying than New York's or Boston's.