MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I know it probably won't happen but if I had to choose I would love a Royals-A's ALCS and then Giants-Nationals NLCS cause cause I really dislike the Angels for a reason I just don't know and I always enjoy watching the Giants and the Nats

Since my Cubbies have been out of it since the Trade Deadline or earlier might as well hope for a team that haven't been in the playoffs or won World Series

But the Cubs will be fun to watch next yeae when Kris Bryant comes up and hits HR and plus Soler, Baez, Alcantara plus Castro and Rizzo man I can't wait

Edited by ThaBoss18

At this point, since the Reds have no chance, I just want the Pirates to overtake the Cardinals for the NL Central, the Dodgers (my parents' favorite team) to win the NL West, and the Yankees to end up missing the playoffs. Do not really care what happens, other than that.

I'd also say there is very little chance that the Cardinals relinquish their lead in the Central. It might only be a 3.5 game lead, but...it's the Cardinals. Everybody said they were done after the Molina injury, but they're pretty much the only team that seems to be completely immune to the ill effects of losing players. Even if they wound up in the wild card game I'd still pick them to get to at least the NLCS. They just find ways to get it done year after year.

The first game of the day/night double header for Baltimore and New York was great. Had $25 down on the O's and they pulled out a comeback in the bottom of the 11th, scoring two to win 2-1. They had the bases loaded three times in four innings late and couldn't cash in. Great game.

The reaction from the Marlins (and their TV announcer in particular) was ridiculous. Mike Fiers clearly looked upset after hitting Stanton, obviously unintentional. But then when he hit Reed Johnson the Marlins started chirping at him and only then did Fiers get pissed off. Apparently if you hit a batter by mistake, you're no longer allowed to pitch in to anybody else. The Marlins emptied out of the dugout and screamed at Fiers when both hit batters were clear accidents.

The Marlins DID have a valid case for being mad at the ump as he called both hit batters swings and misses...but the announcer for the Marlins was like "the Marlins are doing the right thing, you HAVE to stand up for your star player!", "how is Fiers allowed to stay in the game? this is all his fault!", "oh the umpire is now warning both sides, whoopdee doo." and he was incredulous when the Marlins pitcher then got ejected for clearly hitting a Brewer on purpose. It was the type of announcer homerism that would make Hawk Harrelson wet.

Intentional or not, Fiers should have been yanked immediately instead of being allowed to continue pitching. Hard to regain your composure after something like that.

And you shouldn't be allowed to continue pitching if you hit two batters in a row, accident or not, or drill someone intentionally. (Chin music to back them off the plate or intimidate is something altogether different) Not if you hit a single batter by accident.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

The Mets are 69-65 this season against every team not named the Washington Nationals.

When you add the Nats games in the Mets drop all the way to 72-78. Seriously ridiculous how much they've owned them. If they could have figured out a way to play even halfway decently against the Nationals, they'd be right in the Wild Card hunt right now.

How the hell is MLB justifying not punishing Joe West? If players aren't allowed to touch refs, then refs shouldn't be allowed to touch players.

I can't wait for Joe West and Angel Hernandez to retire or be fired. How either of those assholes has a job is beyond me.

• Like 1

I feel bad for the A's and Beane as he went all in and got 2 good pitchers and Jason Hammel but send their most feared hitter in the process and now looks like they will play in the Wild Card

Also this years Playoffs will be crazy good and I really hope MLB doesn't follow in line witb NBA and then the NFL in something really bad happening but I doubt it