MLB 2014 Thread

The Buscher

I could be wrong, but I think the Dodgers have quite a following in Japan too. I honestly expected the boys in blue to outbid the Yanks for him. Money really is no object for them out there now with their supergroup of owners.

I would have loved to have him in LA, but the Yankees, quite simply, needed him more than the Dodgers did. He's the number one in New York, he'd have been the number 3 in LA.

Voila_Capture1122.jpg

Voila_Capture1121.jpg

Phillies outfield Dom Brown had a puppy in Animal Planets Puppy Bowl X...d'awww :wub:

Guys, I need a team to route for this year. I've only really started paying some kind of attention to baseball the past year and this year I've started playing for a local team here (England) and really enjoying the game. Buuuuuuuut, I need a team to route for in the MLB to make it easier to integrate myself into it. So I need EWB to choose for me. I'd rather avoid the obvious (Red Sox, Cards, Yankees, etc.) and love a good underdog. Soooooo, help me out?

Now I've posted this, I might use this flow chart to help me out.http://www.flickr.com/photos/51032954@N06/5495761824/

Edited by Pepsi Twist

Chicago Cubs! :w00t:

See, I'm a Bears man so I feel like this should be the obvious answer here but another part of me wants to go for something completely different.

Blue Jays would be different and the flowchart is suggesting either the Marlins or the Rays?

Don't follow the Marlins, their owner doesn't give a shit.

I suggest the Oakland A's

I've been looking the British Baseball Guide for choosing a team to support (this really does exist) and they've made a pretty good point. Time zones. Choose a team on the east coast if you're looking to watch games live, etc. So I'll eliminate the Marlins because as a Newcastle fan I already have one team whose owner doesn't give a shit. What about the Rays? Also, where are Oakland based? I watched Moneyball recently, so kind of already have a soft spot for the As because of the film.

What about other teams on the east coast/towards that direction?