2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

The Super Bowl has been played, the Lombardi has been hoisted, and some guy is going to Disneyland!

Now its time for the eternal debates...who should my team go after in free agency? Who should we draft? Does this wide receiver really deserve a big time money contract, or should we let the bum walk?

Read an interesting article on Philly.com by Jimmy Kempski about so called mock draft experts

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/That-mock-draft-you-read-today-was-insanely-inaccurate.html

Surprisingly, to me anyway since he's touted most often as the "expert", Mel Kiper had exactly zero draft picks correct last year, and was off by 19 spots on average

That's not an interesting article, that's a stupid article. I don't mean to seem like i'm bashing you for posting it, but how is it a shock when five guys who it is in the teams' BEST INTEREST to lie to don't get it right? They're not in the meetings with the scouting team or the rookies themselves, so basically all they can do is say who they think that team SHOULD take. It's basically an opinion.

Like, if i'm a GM picking anywhere other than first, there's NO WAY i'm telling ANYONE in the media who i'm drafting.

The Super Bowl has been played, the Lombardi has been hoisted, and some guy is going to Disneyland!

HIS NAME IS MALCOLM SMITH AND

yeah no I got nothing I certainly wasn't expecting it to be him either.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the NFL giving any kind of MVP award to a defensive player. Between that and the Super Bowl pounding, I'm still not sure that this is all a dream.

Few players did anything of note on offence, even Lynch was subdued.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the NFL giving any kind of MVP award to a defensive player. Between that and the Super Bowl pounding, I'm still not sure that this is all a dream.

While true, that hasn't stopped them from just giving it to a quarterback before. :P

I thought Smith deserved it but wouldn't get it, so was pleasantly surprised when he did.

Anyway, offseason. Not sure I should even bother as, despite the Cardinals now having a beastly D and some good potential on the offense, the next Super Bowl will be played in Arizona thus we won't even make the post-season :shifty:

Now its time for the eternal debates...who should my team go after in free agency? Who should we draft? Does this wide receiver really deserve a big time money contract, or should we let the bum walk?

Read an interesting article on Philly.com by Jimmy Kempski about so called mock draft experts

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/That-mock-draft-you-read-today-was-insanely-inaccurate.html

Surprisingly, to me anyway since he's touted most often as the "expert", Mel Kiper had exactly zero draft picks correct last year, and was off by 19 spots on average

Philly.com has a surprisingly great stable of Eagles writers, for most of the shitty beat guys that cover the other sports (okay, the Flyers).

Kempski's always good, but McManus and Kapadia at Birds 24/7 (Philly.com's Eagles blog) are ALWAYS on point, and knock it out of the park. Best coverage of any team in the city from those two.

Anyway, the Jets are looking at Maclin? Eh, I'd like to have him back, but I wouldn't want Howie to get in a big bidding war over him. Not worth #1 money, which a team like the Jets might give him, because they're that desperate for a WR

Harvin had a couple big plays, but yeah nobody on offense set the world ablaze.

Also, Eagles shouldn't spend big on Maclin. Cooper is perfectly capable of taking on his role in the offense.

I think the worst thing for Manziel is to stay in Texas. His ego is big enough as it is and will only get bigger when he reaches the NFL. Imagine the hype that'll come with him playing pro in Texas!

Right now I can't see him dropping to the Raiders at 5. Things will likely change, but I reckon the Browns at 4 would run to the podium if he's still there.

But he's shortlist among them, for sure. And you have to think that the fans are owed something like this after last season. This is a business after all, and he addresses an area of need.

Sure? I don't understand what your point is unless you're saying that they should draft him simply because he's a bigger "star" than any of the other QBs in the draft and that's dumb.