The Wolf Among Us

Marsl

Yeah, one more ep after this.

Significant episode four spoilers below:

• Sick of Beast's shit, guy is a delusional douchebag and I pretty much told him and Beauty to stop living their old life, it's their own fault they got into this shit, but I may wind up killing Crooked Man anyway, so unfortunately the idiots will probably get off the hook.
  • Went butcher's first and told Johann he was totally on his own - he never came to me for help and he's just as culpable as the rest of them, especially trying to cover their tracks.
  • Told Colin I wouldn't enforce Snow's stupid glamour ruling, she's totally out of line trying to force the Fables instead of helping them. Also paid Toad for damages (and to get glamoured) with money I took from Crane's jacket pockets.
  • Decided to hear The Crooked Man out, I wasn't going to be able to arrest him when he was surrounded by allies, so I may as well try and get information.

I find it kind of weird that this episode is getting negative reviews for a "lack of meaningful choices" and shit like that. It seems much more action-oriented than previous episodes, but I wouldn't call it weak or worse than other episodes. It's still just as engaging as episodes 1-3 if you ask me.

• Like 1

I like how they're accentuating Bigby's vulnerability to silver bullets now. I've really enjoyed this series so far, but it felt as though the Fable characters were being depicted as a little too invincible for my taste, which took some of the tension away from the fight scenes. Now that Bigby is potentially one bullet away from permanent death, along with the fact that he's set to do battle with some seriously formidable enemies, the set-up for the final episode is really interesting.

I've just been reading up on 'The Crooked Man', and the meaning of the nursery rhyme he's from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Was_a_Crooked_Man

Thoughts:

Could it be that you will be encouraged to come to a truce with him? The kind of the theme of the rhyme is about England and Scotland learning/accepting to live side-by-side despite animosity between.

I mean, a few times throughout (and especially with Tim in the last ep) the player is pretty much told that the system doesn't work, people fall through cracks and, well, loads of people are in the shitter as they can't adapt to live in the mundy world.

• 1 month later...

Finished! I've got to say I really enjoyed that!

What did everyone else think?

It was the best promotional tool for a comic book series to date, even better than Walking Dead in that aspect. I have a question, though:

I chose the most violent option for Crooked Man's death. Is there a way to not get the "Fabletown is afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" one line thing? I'd imagine so, but no matter.

In response to your spoiler:

Instead of killing him, I 'locked him up'. I think the message I got was "Fabletown will remember this".

So, uh... was I the only one who...

... killed him in the industrial area? I knew he'd try and worm his way out and he had proven himself more than guilty, with no remorse. The people in that room had ALL begged me to finish him off at some point or another, so I had no remorse and told them as such, still won them over. Pissed that Toad and TJ had to go to the farm even though I gave them money for glamours, so I'm glad I sold Snow down the river in the interrogation scene for the most part (barring a final note that we would do our best to do right by everyone that obeyed the law). Also that Faith twist at the end was great, I went after her and

CUT TO BLACK :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got around to playing Episode one. This is very very good stuff. Looking forward to playing the rest.

Episode 1 Spoilers

Dident save the prince, actually i thought he already looked dead in the mirror so i went for toad. In the end i decided to go for twiddly because i thought he was closer to the victim than the other guy. - I like that it at least feels like these two decisions make some kind of a noticeable difference in how things unfold. Now i am certain that has it´s limits but it at least feels that way.

I also missed one Book of Fables thingy, i guess it´s saving the prince. Not sure if i will go back to get that Steam Achievement.

That Cliffhanger! I sort of expected it to be Snow after they build it like that as soon as they showed the police scenery but still she was build up very nice and holy shit they killed snowwhite!

I tried to stay non violent, but i dident expect "glass him" would not mean offering him a drink >_> The fighting thing was comicly awsome though, i might go violent more often. The quick time events are absolutely ok.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have this for the PS3 for a while now, only got around to play it now, and when I go to play it, when it's loading the very first episode, it just crashes. I just can't play this. Anyone else had that problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, re-downloading it fixed the problem. Amazing game. I like it every bit as much as I liked the first TWD game, if not more. I still haven't played TWD's second season, so I can't compare them, but TWAU was incredible.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat