8 minutes ago, apsham said:

Apparently it's nearly unplayable on a number of computers for the PC - I was going to jump in day one on this one but I'm going to take the Telltale method and wait until everything is out and buy it together on a sale.

I am not at all shocked. They're like this almost every damn time, and every bug rarely gets fixed (there's a recurring issue with auto-saves causing crashes throughout all their games that they somehow have still yet to address). They seem to be getting worse too. Telltale basically coast on it by the quality of their narrative, if it were anyone else they would be absolutely savaged.

I fucking love TT games, but they really should start fixing this BS, or move to a new engine.

Seriously the only issue I have ever had with Telltale Games on Xbox is the load times because they are horrific. Never had the game crash, never had any bugs and from what I've played so far they've managed to speed up the load times dramatically. 

7 hours ago, TMM said:

Seriously the only issue I have ever had with Telltale Games on Xbox is the load times because they are horrific. Never had the game crash, never had any bugs and from what I've played so far they've managed to speed up the load times dramatically. 

I mean, just because you've never had issues doesn't mean they aren't there in abundance. Every TT game I've played has crashed at least once, regardless of platform, and their BTTF re-release for PS4 was beyond broken, it crashed a grand total of at least in the teens, if not more, and I played that over half a year after it came out. I know for a fact I'm not alone with these issues because a) I've searched out fixes for these issues, and b) Telltale have developed a unenviable reputation for it among a lot of gaming communities.

As much a I don't like the Kotaku and the umbrella they're under, even they ran an article about it.

39 minutes ago, Benji said:

I mean, just because you've never had issues doesn't mean they aren't there in abundance. Every TT game I've played has crashed at least once, regardless of platform, and their BTTF re-release for PS4 was beyond broken, it crashed a grand total of at least in the teens, if not more, and I played that over half a year after it came out. I know for a fact I'm not alone with these issues because a) I've searched out fixes for these issues, and b) Telltale have developed a unenviable reputation for it among a lot of gaming communities.

As much a I don't like the Kotaku and the umbrella they're under, even they ran an article about it.

Oh I'm not saying there aren't any issues, just that I have never experienced any so loading times aside I have had no bad experiences with Telltale and have loved every game I've played of theirs (haven't touched Minecraft purely because I just don't get it).

I had to stop watching the cinemassacre review of the batman game after about 3 minutes. Only so long a negative review can hold my interest unless it's funny.

Boy did they dislike it. Of course there's always a chance they changed their minds in the final 6 minutes I didn't watch, lol

I actually did not mind the first episode of Batman and I thought it was quite good. Nothing outstanding compared to some episodes that Telltale have release but a decent opener none the less.

I also got it on PS4 and didn't experience any issues really apart from a bit of lag but that may have been because I was trying out crowdplay with two of my mates and streaming it so they could watch. 

OK so I finished the episode and...

Spoiler

...I really enjoyed it. It's somewhat of an origin story but not quite in that you've got Harvey Dent pre-Two Face, Oswalt Cobblepot but no Penguin and Batman's seemingly first interaction with Catwoman.

What I did really like is premise that the Wayne Family were in deep with the Falcone's and other crime lords of Gotham. I'm fully expecting this to be proven to be incorrect, but I like it nonetheless. Also the fact that Bruce and "Oz" were childhood friends is something different, so to me at least they've mixed some of the established lore up enough for it to be a different twist to make it worth checking out.

The combat is well done I think, especially the stringing together of moves to take out multiple targets with you choosing from two or three options on how to do it. 

...and on a non spoiler-related note, I do not like the glowing eyes.