• 2 weeks later...

Bunch of Minecraft: Story Mode info coming out of PAX. It's going to be family friendly (duh), and the story takes place within a game of Minecraft. The player character is named Jesse, and they're a newbie to Minecraft, still learning how to build and craft things. Catherine Taber voices the female Jesse, and Patton Oswalt voices the male Jesse. Also in the voice cast are Brian Posehn, Dave Fennoy, Ashley Johnson, Corey Feldman, Billy West and Paul Reubens.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've finished Tales from the Borderlands this past week and, not having played any Borderlands game before, I enjoyed it, but probably not as much as if I had played the original games before. If you like Borderlands, give it a spin. If not... well, it's still pretty damn good. 

• 3 weeks later...

So...I just finished episode 6 of GoT....and, well....I ruined EVERYTHING.

Mira is dead, Asher is fucked, their mother is dead and the Ironrath is taken over. There is no winning!

(I could have saved Mira, but I wanted her to go out with pride)

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Forky The Snowman said:

The only thing that can be wrong with that game is having to wait between episodes.

Personally i've learned to just wait for the entire season to be finished before picking the game up. As much as I want to play them when they come out, It's infuriating to wait 3-4 months for a new episode to get released and you lose half the plot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Personally i've learned to just wait for the entire season to be finished before picking the game up. As much as I want to play them when they come out, It's infuriating to wait 3-4 months for a new episode to get released and you lose half the plot.

By the time the whole season is available there is usually a decent Steam sale, too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rocky said:

I am yet to touch BttF, TWD 2, Borderlands and GOT games. Going Episode to episode with Minecraft. I'll look to try get them done eventually. I especially want to get TWD 2 done and start GoT

I got bored of The Walking Dead ones but I'm playing The Wolf Among Us right now and I'm enjoying that quite a bit. I have Game Of Thrones first episode of season one but don't want to play it until I've seen more of the show. I need to check out Tales From Borderlands though as I hear goods things about that one.

Tales from the Borderlands is a great series because it's completely different than all the other games. Where TWD/GOT are depressing as hell, and Wolf is a suspenseful fantasy thriller, Tales just flips the script completely and instead a very fun and engaging heist story with quirky and loveable characters that are larger than life. (Rhys is a great buffoon... LoaderBot is love/life).

In general it's extremely fun in terms of story, and when the game becomes more emotional it does it in an organic matter because you're attached to the characters.

Managed to pick up Sam & Max season 2 and 3 for about £10 altogether. Season 2 was on Amazon for a fiver and I think season 3 was on offer on some other website. Started season 3 (not yet touched season 2 as it hasn't arrived yet), pretty decent so far but I always find myself having to resort to walkthroughs with them because I have to do things that I would have never even thought of otherwise to progress. Still a lot of fun, but maybe not as fun as the first season at this point.

I also managed to pick up Wallace and Gromit's Telltale games for 35p so that's not bad at all. Still waiting for them to be delivered. CEX is damn cheap for some PC games, it's insane.

Edited by Owen

I bought Back to the Future: The Game for £4 and then I realised I bought the Mac version and now I can't play it and I'm sad now because I wasted my money oh

EDIT: doesn't look like there's any way to get this sorted out, either. Maybe I can send someone with a Mac the game files and see if it works for them? Maybe in exchange for another game or money (obviously less than the price I actually paid because then what's the point) but I dunno.

Edited by Owen

• 4 weeks later...