So I've played through season one of Game of Thrones. This sort of game seemed really odd to me, didn't really feel like I was doing anything at all for the most part, more like watching a tv show and occasionally pressing a button.  Is there much replay value? I imagine the core story stays the same regardless of what I do? Maybe the last decision between Asher and Ridorik changes things?

• Like 1

I'm playing at the minute, and I agree. It very much feels like because they've chosen to be so closely associated to the TV show, nothing seems to matter (even less so than the usual Telltale illusion of choice). I read spoilers about the end game...

Spoiler

I'm spending all this time in King's Landing with the girl trying to win favour and carefully play the game, and her living or dying in the last chapter comes down to one choice in that same chapter of whether she sacrifices her friend or not? Fuck that, it makes every decision up to that point feel like an utter waste.

And it doesn't even feel like it's got a good story behind it where TWD had protecting Clem, TWD2 had turning Clem into what she needed/you wanted her to be, Fable had Bigby trying to balance his good and evil sides, and Borderlands was just madcap fun. GoT just feels more like I may as well press the sarcastic response every single time because it's going to affect nothing anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Game of Thrones from Episode 4 where I left off. I care so little about the consequences that I'm literally just mashing the buttons for decisions. Nothing seems to matter anyway in this, so fuck it.

Edit: Yay, yet another decision and planning isn't going to happen. What's even the fucking point?

So I've got Walking Dead Season 2 on PS4 for free from PS+. Only problem is that Walking Dead Season 1 is 24.99$ on PS Store. What is a boy to do? Buy 1 & 2 on Steam when they on sale or pray that Season 1 goes on sale on PS? 

I've played Season 1 on PS3. I just... don't want to play Season 2 the whole way through without playing Season 1 before. The completetist in me won't let it happen. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...