I pre-ordered the batman with full intention of playing it upon release.
I installed it.
Went to work.
Came home.
Got ready to play.

Played Rocket League... Am yet to open this game :(

I've basically done it with every Telltale game. I own most of their library (No Monkey Island etc) and have only played the first Walking Dead.

Sorry.. Also playing Minecraft as it's released... Don't rush out for that one xD

Since it is on sale I bought the Minecraft one the other day for playing at some point. I've never played Minecraft in my life nor do I really care to (that's not a comment on people who do, I just know it wouldn't be my cup of tea), so I basically bought based on it being Telltale. Anything I should know before playing?

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Since it is on sale I bought the Minecraft one the other day for playing at some point. I've never played Minecraft in my life nor do I really care to (that's not a comment on people who do, I just know it wouldn't be my cup of tea), so I basically bought based on it being Telltale. Anything I should know before playing?

The graphics somehow are more dated than ordinary TellTale Games?

• 2 weeks later...

Batman Ep 1 was AMAZING

Spoiler

Now playing the role of Harvey Dent, Mark Wahlberg.

Wonderful voice acting and art. The fight scenes are so good too.

VERY interesting take on The Penguin. "Athletic, lean rough Cockney guy who can kick ass" is like the opposite of what you usually expect from Oswald Cobblepot but SO GOOD.

Also STEALTH BATMOBILE! This is my new favorite Batmobile.

Crime scene detection was really cool. As was the scouting drones used to plot your plan of attack. Naturally I used that tacky modern art piece.

Playing with the idea that Thomas and Martha were corrupt is SO FRESH and I love it.

Catwoman does in two minutes what 10 million Gothamites couldn't.

Man, I wanted to Batman Exit on Gordon when I gave him the evidence to convict Falcone.

This has nothing to do with the game itself, but when you really think about it, EVERYONE should know who Batman is. It's so obvious. And not just the tech or loads of free time needed. Doesn't anyone ever notice that the only times Batman is out of town is also when Bruce Wayne is out of town? I mean, Superman gets a pass, he canonically has hypnotic powers. But there's no reason why Batman's secret should be a secret. Especially when guys like Ra's Al Ghul have every reason to expose and discredit him!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/09/2016 at 19:55, Jasonmufc said:

I'll hazard to say that most events in S1 and S2 aren't even going to make a difference in S3, to be perfectly honest. In Season 2 it was mostly inconsequential references to what had happened in season 1.

The thing that bothers me the most about season 2, is the worst character in 400 days being the only character from that dlc to do anything significant in the game. <_<

19 hours ago, Noah said:

The thing that bothers me the most about season 2, is the worst character in 400 days being the only character from that dlc to do anything significant in the game. <_<

Haven't played 400 days, but was it that long-faced woman that hung out with the raiders from season 2? I can vaguely recall it.

Picked up Game of Thrones for £2.80, couldn't give that a miss! I've got such a huge backlog of TellTale games at the moment, but I imagine I'll probably play through Game of Thrones first. Kinda annoying that the game didn't come with a Steam code, though.

Two episodes in and Minecraft is... okay. It's funny, but the episodes are very short and the investment isn't really there. Not sure how much of that is the fact Minecraft is the first franchised TT game that I haven't been involved with prior to this game, and how much is the actual storyline lacking. I don't think I'd recommend it so far unless it was very cheap.

Batman Ep 2 was wonderful despite me running into a wacky glitch. (in the spoiler tag, with reax and my choices)

Badass Penguin! Psycho Mantis Looking Scarecrow? Level 1 Solomon Grundy? Corrupt Thomas Wayne!

Tag team beatdown with Selina/Catwoman!

AbIlity to be a massive dick to Alfred (though I didn't have the heart too)

My choices; Choke Falcone (nobody questions the bruises, but I guess Batman knows how to do that with throttling a guy?), Try to kiss Selina (Cockblocked tho), Confronted Hill as Batman (because there hadn't been any MOTHERFUCKING BATMAN moments up to then), Supported Dent (he's the hero the city needs) and chose to save Dent (Selina has kung-fu and capoeira, Dent has Looking Like Mark Wahlburg).

Glitches and framerate drops aside, this is really fucking awesome and I hope they do ten more seasons of this.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

That's just horrifying.

I enjoyed Episode 2 as well, perhaps more so than the first because I wasn't left unpleasantly surprised at the end by how short it was. My choices:

Spoiler

Hurt Falcone,

Don't kiss Selina

Confronted Hill as Batman (because Batman)

Supported Dent

Chose to save Selina. This was purely from what made the most sense to me knowing the mythology, I assumed that by not saving Dent would result in him turning into Two-Face  (although I'm sure the other way results in the same) but he would have more anger if he hadn't been saved.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

That's just horrifying.

I know right? I mean, I'm not usually horrified by things, but that was just nightmarish.

• 1 month later...

You and 49.7% of players decided to owe Joker a favor.

What.