Batman: Arkham Knight

Article about the game by Metro went up earlier today.

http://www.metro.co.uk/2014/03/04/batman-arkham-knight-is-next-gen-game-from-rocksteady-4410907/

Next gen only, looks pretty sweet. Don't know how well recieved Arkham Origins was.

A few tidbits for those who don't want to read the article:

There are few other specific details though, beyond that the game is set one year after the events of Arkham City and that Batman is at ‘the peak of his powers’.

The next Batman game is by the original series creators and features an open world Gotham City with a driveable Batmobile.

The game is billed as the final entry in the Arkham series, which Rocksteady began with Arkham Asluym and Arkham City, and which understudies WB Games Monteral produced an unnecessary prequel to last year – in the form of the okay-ish Arkham Origins.

GAME’s blurb implies that the Scarecrow is the major villain this time, with Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn also confirmed. Harley Quinn is also pictured as a playable character in what look like pre-order exclusive challenged maps.
Edited by JeriCodeBreaker

I liked Origins (and the story was pretty good), but at the same time I was disappointed that what the trailers showed ended up just being a sideplot more than anything (and one of the assassins ended up being a fucking joke).

It looks interesting and using the Batmobile would be interesting, but at the same time I'm not sure about a larger world to play in.

Looks like more of the same.

I was hoping for a Golden Age game this time, just to mix things up.

They are mixing it up! You can drive the Batmobile now. And isn't that really what everyone wants from a Batman game?

I'm apparently the only person who didn't mind Arkham City, rather quite enjoyed it. I never played Origins, though. This looks like it could be pretty fun.

• Like 3

I'm apparently the only person who didn't mind Arkham City, rather quite enjoyed it. I never played Origins, though. This looks like it could be pretty fun.

I didn't mind City, I just felt like the larger open world hurt the pace. The story was good in a lot of the right places, but it suffered from a lot of the same problems as Asylum, like boring boss fights... and the fact it was a bigger game made it way more obvious.

Origins was just a mess of poor decisions. As a game, it worked, but it had all the potential in the world and just wasted it.

I would like GTA style multiple modes of transport.

As Batman, I should be allowed to take the bus if I so wish, damn it. Or a scooter.

Maybe they saw Lego Marvel, where Galactus can chase Black Bolt around in taxi's and forklifts and realised that was what's missing from their trilogy.

I don't really mind whether it's open world like City or condensed like Asylum. Although the bigger world setting does seem to hurt the side quests somewhat. For me the best part of the game is doing all the side stuff and collecting all the little trinkets and character bios.

They should make another Lego DC, using all the lessons they learned from Lego Marvel.

Or just make another Lego Marvel, because fuck me that was the best superhero based game ever.

Also holy crap, Harley Quinn as a playable character is the most boring pre-order incentive I've seen yet.