Batman: Arkham Knight

I'm expecting this one to be my least favourite of the Rocksteady trilogy, but I'm still looking forward to it. I enjoyed Asylum more than City because I think some of the narrative focus and atmosphere was lost outside the pressure cooker environment of Arkham Asylum, and Arkham Knight looks to be continuing that departure. The Batmobile sections they showed off always looked a little repetitive and as though they existed for their own sake to me, and I'm not surprised to read that they haven't gone down particularly well with critics.

That said, I managed to get the Premium Edition (the one with the Season Pass) on CDKeys for just under £23, which is remarkable when you consider that it's being sold for over £60 on Steam. I'll certainly find the time to play through this game because, even if it's got its flat segments, the freeflow combat should still be great. As an added bonus, I'll get to listen to Jonathan Banks voicing Commissioner Gordon.

Apparently John Noble voices Scarecrow. Did we know that yet? I feel like this is the first I've read about it. That's awesome.

It's weird, I think the Arkham games are the only games of any kind where I don't want a vehicle to move around in. It's Batman, let me glide dammit.

As for the Voice Actors (non-spoiler)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIns6K1hXE

• Like 1

Arrived today and there's a 3.5gb update file to go first. My advice would be to download any DLC you've got first (Harley, Red Hood etc.) as you can play that while the update file downloads.

Finished both of the above and the gameplay is as fluid as always.

Haven't started the story yet but I assume we will be using spoiler tags for any plot developments?

As a heads up, this game can run like ass on PC. I'm getting solid performance until I get in a Batmobile, when shit falls apart.

Footage from the PC version

I'm not sure if I'll get this. I thought Arkham Asylum was ok, same with City

It looks as though the PC port was outsourced to Iron Galaxy, the studio behind the botched PC version of Arkham Origins and the choppy Borderlands 2 Vita port. It's really disappointing that Rocksteady weren't more transparent about this. What's even more surprising is that this game has been given away with Nvidia graphics cards as a game to showcase the power of the Nvidia 970/980 series, so to see how badly it runs has to be an embarrassment to them.

PS4 is running fine. The Batmobile is a bit awkward, particularly as R2 is accelerate and L2 is brake/reverse in every driving game but here L2 is to activate the tank mode.

Just hit the first big milestone, DO NOT READ TO AVOID ANY SLIGHT SPOILER

I think I've worked out who the Arkham Knight is already and fear it's going to be a letdown.The zombies from the trailer have made no subsequent appearances, that being because you control Batman and Batman's reaction to the fear gas is...

JOKER'S BACK. At least Mark Hamill is back too. Stopped there for a bit as it seemed the most logical jumping off point for a rest.